Spanish Civil War A...

Notifications
Clear all

Spanish Civil War Airsoft - 9th Feb 19

(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

Ladies and Gents,

Apologies in advance as its strictly not WW2 (though it could be argued that it is...) off the back of a discussion on FB I have setup a SCW Airsoft group on FB with the aim of running a game at some point in the next year. I have already invited several of you to the group but if there is anyone else who is interested please search on FB for the imaginatively titled 'Spanish Civil War Airsoft' group.

Aim is for a rifles only game, with squad support weapons. The good news is a LOT of WW2 gear and guns can be re purposed. We will be putting up kit guides on the FB page shortly and when we have done so will link them over here as well.

As an example, the classic French Resistance loadout of beret and normal work clothes with an armband works perfectly fine as a Republican member of the International Brigades, just swap out the FFI armband for a red armband or neckerchief. Any kind of bolt action rifle (the amount of rifles used was staggering, even Arisakas!) and leather webbing (Japanese webbing repro is very very similar to SCW era webbing).

For Nationalists, olive trousers, shirt and sidecap brown webbing and again any kind of bolt action rifle. Even though the Condor Legion didnt fight as infantry we will also be allowing people to use german stahlhelms and webbing. Think Afrika Korps-lite with tan shirts.

Anyway enough wittering away from me.

Thanks

Ryan

Topic starter Posted : 16/05/2018 9:13 am
(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

I would be interested in this, but I don't use farcebook! So please keep me informed.
Andy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 7:26 am
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

Will do mate, just trying to find a venue

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/06/2018 6:36 pm
(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Have been doing a bit of research on the uniform side of things, very "doable" most bits of uniform from whatever country in Europe, say from the Boer war up to mid thirties will comply. Lots of "homemade" stuff as well, on both sides.
The more I look the more I like!
Andy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/06/2018 4:53 pm
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

Yep thats the great advantage and disadvantage as it may be hard to differentiate sides!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/06/2018 8:15 pm
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

I am happy to announce that the 1st Spanish Civil War airsoft game in the UK (maybe the world) will be kindly hosted by Fireball Airsoft on 9th Feb 2019 for the ultra low price of £20! I realise that this is some distance out yet, but every site I have approached has been fully booked out or not interested in staging such a small niche event. On the positive side, it gives us lots of time to get prepped, collect kit and generally organise your lives so you don't miss it. Further game specific details and booking information will be up as soon as I have sorted arrangements, probably this Sunday coming. Till then...No pasaran!

... 71/events/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/06/2018 7:12 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

I have no problem providing space for this event's publicity but this thread is now moved to the correct section.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2018 9:13 am
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

Still wrong area though? I would list it as 'Other WW2 Airsoft' not Non Airsoft WW2. Your party though

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/06/2018 12:09 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Heh, doesn't fit anywhere really - fixed with new forum section!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2018 5:10 pm
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

Booking can now be made. Please pay in full, its only £20 afterall.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/85GeRHmtOT

There are currently 15 slots per side (3x squads of 5), if I fill these I will look to open up more slots. When confirming your slot I need the following appended to your contribution:

1. Nationalist or Republican.

2. Weapon that you will be using from Bolt Action, SMG or LMG. Weapon choices will be on a first come first served basis. I am aiming to only have 1x SMG and 1x LMG per squad though I will try to be flexible. If you can please specify what model weapon you will be using. If possible please tell me what weight BBs you will like to use - reason for this coming soon! PLEASE NOTE MAX FPS OF 360 ON ANY WEAPON!

3. Second choice weapon.

Further direction will be given soon re kit but basically I am aiming for Olive Green (Nationalist) v Brown (Republican) with different headgear to tie the forces together but more about that soon.

Any q's let me know

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/06/2018 9:14 pm
(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

Just paid up, here's to hoping it's a good turnout, a bit early in the year, I don't really associate cold weather with Spain.......but saying that I was once driving through it to Gibraltar, and it snowed! Apparently the first time in Forty years!
I will also be making some Falange items, will show later.
Andy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2018 4:59 pm
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

You are on the list now mate.

Its early doors yet be I am surprised how many Nationalists we are getting - first dquad full and you are number 1 for 2nd squad. If I got 15 per side I would be well chuffed. TBH 10 per side would be excellent....

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2018 6:31 pm
(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

First rake through for scw items, a beat up old M26 French or Belgie helmet, these are nice and lightweight for a steel helmet, used by both sides in the war, and an original Falange pin badge, might look good on a side cap, these guys liked a bit of blue on their uniforms
Andy-- attachment is not available --

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2018 7:40 pm
(@evilmonkee)
Estimable Member

Good find - though one word of warning - I am trying to keep headgear for each side distinct as one method of differentiating each team as the uniforms as quite similar. I was planning on the Adrian being the Republican helmet, with Stahlhelm as Nationalist.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/07/2018 1:42 pm
(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

I was planning to wear a cap anyway, but I only have khaki uniform pieces, none are what you would call olive green, except for a US twill jacket. If it's cold on the day the only military coat I have is a khaki trench coat. I know you don't want to go down the armband route, but maybe some colour added to the uniforms, may differentiate.
Andy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2018 9:53 pm
Danko
(@danko)

just found this post.
let me know if help needed. Im helping with this museum in north spain.
[link]https://www.tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g2444973-d15034379-Reviews-Museo_Guerra_Civil_El_Cuetu-Colloto_Siero_Municipality_Asturias.html[/link]

Salud y República

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2018 8:39 am
(@lord-elpus)
Prominent Member

I won’t be coming to this game, the last winter game I ever play is this coming Saturday ( if I make it there!).
Andy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/12/2018 11:13 pm
Share: