Airsoft Daimler Din...

Notifications
Clear all

Airsoft Daimler Dingo

Page 3 / 3

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ok Nige, but I know how difficult this will make it esspecialy mounting 2 subframes back to back so to speak, john cooper was killed in a mini that had 2 engines( front subframe at each end) just half a mm off any of the measurements will cause steering issues mate so make a dead accurate jig to line it all up, don't Mig weld any of the steering joints with the rear front subframe, make sure you get it all TIG welded by some one who is a coded welder.if this has to go off road then the stresses on the subframes( esspecially the rear one will be in excess of its design, please be very carefull with this set up .Are you making this road legal?.
Don't get me wrong, like I said before, a Dingo would be a fantastic build for Airsoft :good: just haddnt seen this thread as I'm hardly on here these days
Have a look at the trailer for Prometheus ( new Riddley Scott Alien Prequall) I was senior tech on the troop transporters we made for it, be fun for a sci Fi game! :lol:
Good luck with the Dingo! My Armoured jeep is almost finished now, first show will be April :D
All the best
Doug

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 8:02 am

oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

I am not looking for road legal well not initially anyway I may consider it if it works out well, but I suspect it would be too much hassle.
I am not going to race this thing like a Mini even if the engine will be more than capable.

My mane aims are light, rear engine, rear wheel drive, close to the full scale and standard car parts to keep a low price.

Watch Vid
Free speech is expensive these days!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2012 1:15 pm

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Keep the build pics coming! :good: it's great to have another custom built WW2 vehicle for Airsoft 8)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2012 7:22 pm

oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

Keep the build pics coming! :good: it's great to have another custom built WW2 vehicle for Airsoft 8)

Will do it is a hard build but I hope worth the effort.

Watch Vid

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/02/2012 6:46 am

oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

This is the sort of way I want to tow it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8ton-SOLO-S ... 5205394351

Watch Vid

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2012 9:04 am

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

It may have to be road legal to be towed that way Nige, I have an A frame I use for towing both jeeps behind the GMC it's a realy easy way to tow :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2012 9:07 am

McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

It may have to be road legal to be towed that way Nige, I have an A frame I use for towing both jeeps behind the GMC it's a realy easy way to tow :good:

If it's on an A-frame, as the picture suggests, and can be towed without anyone being inside to pilot it, then all it needs to cover is the laws govening a trailer. If it's on a rope or solid bar tow, where there needs to be someone inside to steer it, it needs to be a road legal vehicle, with current insurance*, tax and MoT, and a person stering it who is legal and insured* to drive it.

*The person doing the piloting can usually claim they're piloting it on their insurance with the owners permission to "drive" it, if their insureance allows them to (most do over the age of 25).

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2012 5:01 pm

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

That's Cool! I was told it had to be taxed to be towed, but it wasn't made clear about if by rope or AFrame! Nice one! Where did you get that info from? :good:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2012 5:29 pm

oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

Thats good info thanks!

I did send the ebayer that question but no reply yet?

I did think it would become a trailer and was thinking I would make fastening points to the chassis for a custom and more solid fixing for a tow bar rather than a chain system.

However there is also the 750kg rule :whistle:

Watch Vid

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2012 6:40 pm

oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

Relpy from ebay.

I am not sure but according to another manufacturer of Aframes the vehicle
being towed does not need to be taxed or mot'd because when the Aframe is fixed it
is classed as towing a trailer but i cannot guarantee this

The vehicle being towed should be covered on your own insurance.

Watch Vid

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/02/2012 6:52 am

McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Relpy from ebay.

I am not sure but according to another manufacturer of Aframes the vehicle
being towed does not need to be taxed or mot'd because when the Aframe is fixed it
is classed as towing a trailer but i cannot guarantee this

The vehicle being towed should be covered on your own insurance.

:good:

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2012 7:55 pm

cdfw
 cdfw
(@cdfw)
Reputable Member

What happened to the dingo?

'Non adepto demens. Adepto etiam'
War does not show who is right, only who is left..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2013 10:10 pm

oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

After the weather last year I decided a house move was in order so I could work in the dry.

So this will continue at some point, I am buying a G2 listed house built 1703 with good land but had a load of hassle with planners. I have OS map proof of 100 years of out buildings but have had to look for photographic proof of previous garages etc.
Just got this a few weeks back but had enough of talking to the council now :x

-- attachment is not available --

Watch Vid

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/04/2013 7:23 am

oddball
(@oddball)
Famed Member

Hi all long time missing from here but just to let you know this is now under way after several years of fighting with local council over planning permissions etc. 🙂

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/kerr1542/pins/

Woof Woof Woof 🙂

Watch Vid

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/02/2021 12:08 pm

Page 3 / 3

Share: