Cold War airsoft an...

Notifications
Clear all

Cold War airsoft anyone

Page 2 / 2

Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

An Oman game would probably fall on its arse for the same reason we dont do 'belgian congo' and a host of other games.

Being 'sas' is cool, not many people want to play Omani rebels in a sarong and a shoulder bag.. you also look frankly ridiculous playing black african rebels when you're pale white guys on the whole. :)

we've considered doing a 'merc wars' thing to get round this by having east and west sponsored merc units figthing a proxy war in a renegade african nation.

Doing oman well is actually harder than you'd think as you need WWII windproofs and 1950s KDs or 60 patterns really.

This was thrown together 'oman' kit.

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/03/2013 11:37 am
Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

I was thinking more late Dhofar rebellion like say 72-73, when the SAS wore 50's JG airtex, but I can see the issue with getting some Adoo, but I'd be more than happy to play Adoo to start of with, and an actually black, African rebel on that note (I can see it now, me cowering behind a tree with an AK, whilst 30 mercs converge on me, happily spraying away ). But even a mirbat style game with 9 SAS and 30 Adooish guys with AK's would be good enough!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2013 4:11 pm
dieselmonkey
(@dieselmonkey)
Noble Member

I was thinking more late Dhofar rebellion like say 72-73, when the SAS wore 50's JG airtex, but I can see the issue with getting some Adoo, but I'd be more than happy to play Adoo to start of with, and an actually black, African rebel on that note (I can see it now, me cowering behind a tree with an AK, whilst 30 mercs converge on me, happily spraying away ). But even a mirbat style game with 9 SAS and 30 Adooish guys with AK's would be good enough!

Problem is you need at least 50-60+ guys (from memory) to make the sandpit pay for itself, and you'd struggle to get that many people to want to play a quite obscure OPFOR for the 9 SAS guys to go up against.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2013 4:32 pm
Moss
 Moss
(@moss)
Prominent Member

Ok so how about 30 SAS v 30 Adoo, that way there's more space for SAS and you could set it up as a sort of search and destroy mission for the SAS and the Adoo have to defend their arms caches and strongholds from them. You could also have real cap, limited ammo so ammo would be important to both sides (as it would have been out in the jebel).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2013 4:50 pm
Jimmiiee
(@jimmiiee)
Reputable Member

I'd be intrested, got a SF nam loadout

I, personal, would look at doing a french/west german loadout

JD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2013 5:04 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Guys, there is a dedicated forum section to Cold War airsoft where discussion may be more usefully undertaken:
http://gunmanforum.com/index.php?s=6121 ... wforum=101

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2013 5:51 pm
Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

Oh indeed yep but the point was to see if any WWII players fancied it in addition :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/03/2013 12:36 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

But no link to where they could find out about Cold War game info or chit-chat - hence my link.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/03/2013 9:15 am
slick63
(@slick63)
Noble Member

Guys, there is a dedicated forum section to Cold War airsoft where discussion may be more usefully undertaken:
http://gunmanforum.com/index.php?s=6121 ... wforum=101

There`s also this one :) http://z15.invisionfree.com/smallwarsairsoft/index.php?s=5eb73659da209642147a2ec1a3b31cfc&act=idx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2013 7:37 pm
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Blimey, a forum Gadge isn't posting on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2013 8:07 pm
Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

I post on very few these days mate, too busy for the net with the bands stuff and the veterans charity.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/06/2013 9:18 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: