This anygood to any...

Notifications
Clear all

This anygood to anyone? Brit bren mag bandolear

meddy
(@meddy)
Trusted Member

RARE CAVALRY MOUNTED BREN GUN LEATHER BANDOLIER MAGAZINE CARRIER" http://r.ebay.com/Kzv6Up

dad sent it me. its a repo though

meddy

Topic starter Posted : 16/01/2013 1:18 am
(@tommy9151)
Reputable Member

Interesting piece of kit there.

Weapons:
King Arms M1928 Thompson Submachine Gun
AGM Sten Mk.II
CYMA M1911 EAP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2013 11:26 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

Hehe, I was watching that on eBay too!

It's basically a 1903 pattern bandoleer, but for BREN mags. I think the real versions are quite rare purely because it was only cavalry issue. Anyone got a horse...?

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2013 12:43 am
meddy
(@meddy)
Trusted Member

properly came from those Indian repo makers. they always seem to like to make obscure kit

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/01/2013 1:25 am
HeadShot
(@headshot)
Illustrious Member

Hehe, I was watching that on eBay too!

It's basically a 1903 pattern bandoleer, but for BREN mags. I think the real versions are quite rare purely because it was only cavalry issue. Anyone got a horse...?

Have you tried Tesco?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/01/2013 11:00 am
 Yith
(@yith)
Illustrious Member

I mentioned this to a friend and he says these were mainly used by the Indian army and originally were designed for the Madsen machine gun, though Bren mags fit.

I found an interesting article on the Madsen here:

... gun-191418. Looking at the dates on that then having an '03 style bandolier for the mags doesn't sound ridiculous at all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2013 10:38 am
Chomley-Warner
(@admin-infinity)
Illustrious Member Admin

Heh, that link wasted some time while on my "work from home because it is snowing day" - which led on to waste more time reading this fascinating book 'Bullets by the Billion"
http://www.scribd.com/doc/17295889/Bullets-by-the-Billion

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/01/2013 12:14 pm
McVickers
(@mcvickers)
Famed Member

I mentioned this to a friend and he says these were mainly used by the Indian army and originally were designed for the Madsen machine gun, though Bren mags fit.

I'm a bit skeptical about the Madsen mag idea, as I've handled a real Madsen mag (albeit not one from a British service gun) and they're quite massive! I don't think they'd fit in that bandoleer.

A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/01/2013 7:24 pm
Gadge
(@gadge)
Illustrious Member

we tracked down the real story on the pozzi forums. Trials item of 'packsaddlery' which never saw general issue.

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/01/2013 1:18 am
Share: