How the gun was dis...

Notifications
Clear all

How the gun was distributed !?

(@nathan_threepwood)

Hey guys, I'm actualy in a discussion with my club boss in Italy.
We are talking about: How the gun was distributed at a single soldier. I'm pretty sure that the M1A1 can be used from private, and not ony officer ( M1 Carbine ). Can you explain me how the guns was distributed inside the army, was necessary a particular skill to use a smg !?
Thanks Guys and sorry for my bad english

Topic starter Posted : 03/03/2013 3:10 pm
spiers
(@spiers)
Noble Member

Mostly Sergeants were armed with the M1A1 on Privates. The standard battle rifle for the US Army during WW2 was the M1 Rifle (Garand). The M1 Carbine was not just for Officers, it was used by auxillary troops, runners, machinegun squads, mortar squads as well.

The Thompson submachine gun, despite what the average WW2 airsofting battlefield looks like, were not around in huge numbers because they were expensive and took a lot of time to engineer. That is why they were replaced with the M3A1 Grease gun in late 1944. It was given in NCO's and to Officers, although for the sake of argument I suppose you could have one as a Private, I suppose it depends on the circumstances!

Does this help?

Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2013 6:13 pm
(@tommy9151)
Reputable Member

My input's pretty much what spiers said.

Thompson's usually found with upper NCO's and officers.

M1 Carbines are usually for anyone who's primary task wasn't that of blowing Jerry's head off, Tank crew, Mortar crew etc etc.

M1 Garand Rifle is the all round, it will fit everything solution.

Although there are exceptions as nobody stopped the troops from taking a dead man's Thompson and then using it, so it is within the realms of reality that you'll find a private with an M1A1 if he'd taken it off someone else first.

Weapons:
King Arms M1928 Thompson Submachine Gun
AGM Sten Mk.II
CYMA M1911 EAP

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2013 1:23 am
Share: