The Road to Campoleone Historic Event - 23rd, 24th, 25th September
The Road to
23rd, 24th, 25th September
Rift Airsoft - The Ridge - MK45 4LG
The Battle of Anzio was a battle of the Italian Campaign of World War II that took place from January 22, 1944 (beginning with the Allied amphibious landing known as Operation Shingle) to June 5, 1944 (ending with the capture of Rome). The operation was opposed by German forces in the area of Anzio and Nettuno.
The operation was intended to outflank German forces at the Winter Line and enable an attack on Rome.
The point of the landing was to turn the German defences on the Winter Line, taking advantage of their exposed rear and hopefully panicking them into retreating northwards past Rome. However, The Allies poured more men and material into his tiny bridgehead, and strengthened his defences.
Although the landings came as a surprise, German plans relied on the divisions each having previously organised a motorized rapid reaction units which could move speedily to meet the threat and buy time for the rest of the defences to get in place. Operation "Richard" ordered the 4th Parachute Division and the Hermann Göring Fallschirm Panzer Division to defend the roads leading from Anzio to the Alban Hills via Campoleone. All available reserves from the southern front or on their way to it were rushed toward Anzio and Nettuno; these included the 3rd Panzer Grenadier and 71st Infantry Divisions, and the bulk of the Luftwaffe's Hermann Göring Panzer Division. Three days after the landings, the beachhead was surrounded by a defence line consisting of three divisions: The 4th Parachute Division to the west, the 3rd Panzer Grenadier Division to the center in front of Alban Hills, the Hermann Göring Panzer Division to the east.
- ADVANCE – The Germans 4th Parachute Division Supported by the 71st Infanterie must continue to push South and push the British back into the sea.
- DELAY – In heavy fighting British 1st Division made ground but failed to take Campoleone and ended the battle in an exposed salient stretching up the Via Anziate. They must now hold as much ground as possible to protect the beachhead.
All German impressions (Preferably FJ and Heer) will be acceptable along with all British Impressions (preferably Infantry!)
Bookings & Cost
Ages 13-16 must be accompanied by a participating adult.
To book on please head to the Bookings page on our website;
- Full Weekend Event, 60-80 spaces - £90. £30 deposit to secure place, full payment upon signing in at event.
- Saturday or Sunday - £45 per day. £30 deposit to secure place, full payment upon signing in at event.
- Limited Sniper Roles (4 slots per side) (Please email to confirm space as a sniper)
No Rental will be available.
Included in Cost:
- Site hire
- Camp Site
- In Game meals provided
- Social in the evening
Ration cards are available allowing you to eat in the scoff tent.
- Ration Card 1/4 (Friday Dinner, Saturday Breakfast or evening meal) - £4.99
- Ration Card 1/2 (Saturday Breakfast and Dinner) - £9.99
- Ration Card 1 (Saturday and Sunday Breakfast and dinner) - £14.99