Gun accuracy

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
TheChef
(@thechef)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I've always thought the accuracy of my Tanaka k98 was a bit iffy, mainly because I don't seem to get many kills with it in game :( , but I've never really tested it. So I thought during lockdown I'd give it a go. I set up a 20cm target 13m away and fired hand held using the iron sights with 0.2g BBs. I'm no sharp shooter, but I managed to get 75% on target, with 45% within the 10cm circle. That sounds pretty good to me, and better than I thought, what do you guys think?

I might now try with my other guns to see how they compare.

German

Russian

British

Japanese

Posted : 24/05/2020 6:37 pm
(@lord-elpus)
Noble Member

Hi Chef,
I think you need double that distance, at least, to check. Quite a few of my long guns don’t react to the hop adjustment until between 30-40 meters, and even then need a bit of a warm up, a couple of magazines put through then adjust. Some of my bolt action rifles ( all springers) will do 75 meters, but best accuracy is about 60 meters, some like it around the 50 meters.
I have a few that just don’t like being at 350 -ish on the fps at all, but behave great at 450-490 fps. Unfortunately for me one of these is my smle, it’s a complete git at the lower fps, put in the power spring, almost like a different gun. Strangely enough my short k98 based on a Well mb02 Scout model, is great with the lower power!
Such is the joy of Airsoft!
Andy

Posted : 25/05/2020 9:17 am
TheChef
(@thechef)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Ha, I wish my garden was 30-40m :shock: I don't think I could hit anything at 50m my eyes aren't that good :rofl:

German

Russian

British

Japanese

Posted : 25/05/2020 5:54 pm
TheChef
(@thechef)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Here are the results of testing my guns, I know it's not very scientific, but it's a bit of fun...

Target area 20cm 10cm 4cm
TM G-Spec 95% 65% 30%
MP40 80% 30% 10%
MP28/Sten 80% 25% 5%
Tanaka k98 75% 45% 10%
G-Spec with "Mosin" kit 60% 40% 10%
Golden Eagle 1911 60% 25% 15%
Detonics R45 60% 30% 0%
Mossberg "special" 55% 20% 5%
PPSH 55% 10% 5%
D-Boys k98 25% 5% 0%
P38 springer 15% 0% 0%

The most surprising thing is the effect of my "Mosin Nagant kit" on the base G-Spec, I guess the extended barrel must have a detrimental effect.

German

Russian

British

Japanese

Posted : 25/05/2020 7:52 pm
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member

I think a good test range is 25metres,pick an evening when the wind has dropped to zero,rest the stock of the barrel.Also the use of a consistent BB will eliminate Ammo inconsistency.
I recomend Guarder or ASG devil Blasterboth in .28g.
A clean barrel is a good start too.If you zero your sights at this range then your shots will most likely be high in the 25-50 m range due to hop climb.
At 25m I consider 5 inch a good grouping and if more than 12inch then I would try and optimise the some of the parts with a strip down.You can spend a fortune and do nothing,But check your barrel window is deburred,lap barrel out with diamond paste,fit new hop rubber if its old and worn,perhaps put a bit if silcone sealant under the rubber at the front end and a couple of winds of ptefe tape so it seals and does not move or twist in the chambre,stabilise the barrel in you gun so it does not rattle about. It could make a cheap gun shoot real nice.You can get a hop rubber for £3 so that may be all you have spent.

Posted : 25/05/2020 10:17 pm
(@lord-elpus)
Noble Member

I like your approach Chef. Looks Looks like you enjoyed yourself in the garden, if you not too bothered with range, then I don't think any of your guns are off.
You've got me at it now, just had to have a shoot out with the Thompson trio, got the neighbours dog barking, ( not that it takes much to start that anyway!) destroyed all of my tin can targets. Now have to start collecting them again.
Andy

Posted : 27/05/2020 9:09 am
(@kingmaker)
Estimable Member

Luckily I am surrounded by farmers fields so I can shoot in to infinity when i like its great.

Posted : 30/05/2020 7:17 pm
dadio
(@dadio)
Famed Member

Generally the guns more accurate than the man :lol: well for me at least , rifles are way harder to get kills with especially with a moving target .

armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

Posted : 12/07/2020 7:24 pm
Francosonny1120
(@francocruz)

Forgot how accurate airsoft was. With paintball I would have a shitload of trouble just putting a shot on paper at 100ft.

Posted : 07/04/2022 9:08 am
Share: