1700 hrs Sunday 27th September 1942
tarshiy serzhant Yakov Pavlov and 15 of his men, have just occupied a four-story building in the centre of Stalingrad, built parallel to the embankment of the river Volga and overseeing the “9th January Square”
In accordance with Stalin’s Order No. 227 – “not one step back”, Sgt. Pavlov was ordered to fortify the building and defend it to the last bullet and the last man.
A Platoon of German Soldiers from 100th Jäger Division, under the command of Hauptmann Kiesel have found an unobserved way in to the same building. They also have orders to occupy the Building.
Both platoons will have to gain control of the building, whilst preventing the enemy from doing the same.
In the real battle only 4 Russians survived the initial battle. Will history repeat itself, or will the German soldiers win the day?
Courage under fire, command and control, and discipline will win the day.
Welcome to the Battle for “Pavlovs House”
The Cost will be £25 per player. Full game details, booking arrangements and all up to date information can be found on the WW2 Airsoft community forum: www.ww2airsoft.org.uk
The Game is planned to be very strict on ammunition, and real steel ammo limits. (Please Think hard about the following rules before booking on)
The game is limited to 32 Players.
16 per side, with 1 officer, 1 squad sgt, and 14 riflemen per side.
Officers will only have a pistol, and just 2 magazines. and 95% of the job will be command and control.
The squad Sgt will have a SMG (a MP40 and PPSH will be supplied by Gunman NW and will have the hop turned down/off. a total of 120 rounds only)
The Remaining Riflemen Will only have bolt action or semi auto rifles , with 60 rounds per man(wooden stocked/or scrimmed) and no scopes.
Any wood stocked bolt action will suffice, its quite dark in there. more modern looking bolties must be scrimmed.
The only Semi auto rifles should be SVT-14`s / M14s , Garands, G41s or G43s (in lieu of a G41 )
No Pistols are allowed for riflemen, but LARP SAFE knives,bayonets and Entrenching tools are allowed.
Larp safe Entrenching tools can be given to any player who dosent have there own LARP safe weapon.
ALL RIFLES MUST SHOOT 350 FPS OR UNDER
Tanaka K98s are fine, but please use 144a gas, or regulate the rifle to sub 350fps.
A Chrono will be available on the day.
Pavlov’s House (Russian: дом Павлова dom Pavlova) was a fortified apartment building during the Battle of Stalingrad from 27 September to 25 November 1942. It gained its popular name from Sergeant Yakov Pavlov, who commanded the platoon that seized the building and defended it during the long battle.
The house was a four-story building in the center of Stalingrad, built parallel to the embankment of the river Volga and overseeing the “9th January Square”, a large square named for Bloody Sunday. In September 1942, the house was attacked by German soldiers, and a platoon of the Soviet 13th Guards Rifle Division was ordered to seize and defend it. The platoon was led by Junior Sgt. Yakov Pavlov, a low-level noncommissioned officer serving as acting platoon commander since the unit’s lieutenant and senior sergeants had all been wounded or killed. The attack on the building was successful, although the fighting was brutal, with only four men in the 30-man platoon surviving the assault.
The tactical benefit of the house was its position on a cross-street giving the defenders a 1 km line of sight to the north, south and west. After several days, reinforcements and resupply arrived for Pavlov’s men, bringing the unit up to a 25-man understrength platoon and equipping the defenders with machine guns, anti-tank rifles, and mortars. In keeping with Stalin’s Order No. 227 – “not one step back”, Sgt. Pavlov was ordered to fortify the building and defend it to the last bullet and the last man. Taking this advice to heart, Pavlov ordered the building to be surrounded with four layers of barbed wire and minefields, and set up machine-gun posts in every available window facing the square. In the early stages of the defense, Pavlov discovered that a PTRS-41 anti-tank rifle he had mounted on the roof was particularly effective when used to ambush unsuspecting German tanks; once the tanks had approached to within 25 meters of the building, their thin turret-roof armor became exposed to AT rifle fire from above, and were unable to elevate their weapons enough to retaliate. Pavlov had reportedly destroyed nearly a dozen tanks personally using this tactic.
For better internal communication, Pavlov’s soldiers breached the walls in the basement and upper floors, and dug a communications trench to Soviet positions outside. Supplies were brought in via the trench or by boats crossing the river, defying German air raids and shelling. Nevertheless, food and especially water was in short supply. Lacking beds, the soldiers tried to sleep on insulation wool torn off pipes but were subjected to harassing fire every night in order to try and break their resistance.
The Germans attacked the building several times a day. Each time German infantry or tanks tried to cross the square and to close in on the house, Pavlov’s men laid down a withering barrage of machine gun and AT rifle fire from the basement, the windows and from the roof top, devastating the German attackers and forcing them to retreat. By mid-November, Pavlov’s men reportedly had to use lulls in the fighting to run out and kick over the heaped piles of German corpses so they could not be used as cover by the next round of attackers.
Eventually the defenders, as well as the Soviet civilians who kept living in the basement all that time, held out during intensive fighting from 27 September – 25 November 1942, when they were relieved by the counter-attacking Soviet forces.
Direct link to Google map