Most pointless bit of kit you ever bought?

For general discussions.
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Re: Most pointless bit of kit you ever bought?

Postby JD7 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Forgot I had the Tanaka HP pistol Yith :shock: I have a German grenade case that I have used once - for storing homemade labeled cans and bottles.

Got an RAF cold weather flying jacket - but no aircraft.

Have a German radio set for a half track - don't have one, half track that is.

Think I have 12 or maybe 14 zelts, all the pegs, ropes etc. Used 4 one weekend and another one as a poncho lol. I pull them out every year and reproof them all lol.

Maybe I should make an offload list?
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Most pointless bit of kit you ever bought?

Postby McVickers » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 am

From a Hertfordshire carboot sale several years ago...

...an unissued 1944 dated Cavalry/Royal Horse Artillery leather crupper (the bit of horse tack that loops around a horses tail to stop it's saddle/load from sliding forwards and onto it's shoulders/neck). Although at that point, I did own a pony (RIP Pheasant :cry: ), I didn't own any other military load-bearing tack, nor a need to start owning some!

Exactly this (but mine is unissued and still light tan in colour): http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30013847

I'm glad it was unissued, as these items - owing to their worn location - usually get nick named 'crapper' for obvious reasons... :whistle:
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “General WW2 Airsoft Discussion”