LARP weapons section

For general discussions.
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: LARP weapons section

Postby MartinR » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:26 am

All the SnS bayonets are floppy, they sometimes stiffen up with time.

I would take an extremely dim view of someone sticking an artificially reinforced bayonet into me. See the other discussions 're people cocking around with knives, real bayonets etc.

If you want to use it in a game, then tap people with it.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Russe11 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:00 pm

There's floppy and there's floppy. It present it is not Larp safe, as it cannot be predicted where the point will end up. If I hold it vertically the end will bend over and point at the floor. I may try glueing a strip of card to the edge as that will resist sideways movement and will not pose a threat to anyone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:54 pm

A dilute solution of sildenafil works I believe. The key is getting the dose right - you want more of a 'soft lob' rather than a pikestaff.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Russe11 wrote:There's floppy and there's floppy. It present it is not Larp safe, as it cannot be predicted where the point will end up. If I hold it vertically the end will bend over and point at the floor.

I agree. If it's sooooo floppy that it can't even stand up on it's own, you might a well just have a non-descript rod of floppy plastic in your hand/on the end of your gun. Sure it may be shaped like a bayonet, but if when used in doesn't look like a bayonet due to its immense floppitude, then you might as well just use your finger. Some subtle and safe stiffening required methinks...
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Russe11 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 pm

By my reckoning, if I stiffen the 1st 2/3 of the blade, it will be stable enough. This leaves 3-4 inches at the tip flexible enough to prevent accidents. I have mocked up a test by taping a strip of card to the top of the blade and it seems to work, so I shall try glueing it. Worst case scenario where I get carried away or lose balance and stab too hard, the reinforcing strip will break and be harmless.
TBH, I cannot see the P1907 Bayonet ever being used for a kill, its so vicious looking people will surrender long before you get in bayonet range :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
warren
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby warren » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:51 pm

sorry just seen this,
yes the new rubber we have used for approx 4-5 weeks is floppyer than the old,
we found this out the hard way at the W&P show, when they hit approx 25c they get rather floppy
ok in colder temps, but defo not in hot
so we,r redoing them in the old,
we were recomended this new rubber mix by the suplyers as the old we had to pre heat the molds,
this was an extra time but mostly because of the much reduced mold life,

they will get harder with age, but if your not happy please return them and we,l send a new one etc,
just a hickup at our end and we,r very sorry for if you got a floppy one ;)

and yes before any one else says it, they need a small blue pill,

drop me a line and we,l sort you out if your pissed off :)

regards
warren
team shoot and scoot, TL
Engineer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Engineer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:33 pm

RBJ plastics in harefield on woodcock hill sell the pultruded weapon spines in 6 m lengths
If you call them they can cut to length then post, you can sand the burs off and lay in to any ether based foam , Plastazote is good, go for 45 grade not 33 as it's easier to cut.
I was a weapon maker for huge larp systems for many years until 9 years ago.
:good:
MI-GO-A-GO-GO wrote:loads o guides online

a really clear american one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5BkCT-oYus

and this is quite good.
http://www.thequiche.com/index.html?red ... lades.html

Some stuff is awkward to get hold of especially core (kite or umbrella fiberglass rod or carbon fiber rod i usually store up)

plastazote if making quality (your yoga mats are often this) or callogen mat (camping mat) if not making best quality http://www.thamesvalleysupplies.co.uk/r ... hp?key=261

isoflex primer http://www.staxtradecentres.co.uk/produ ... primer.htm

other than that you need latex, evostick, evostic cleaner, brushes, loads of scaples, talcum powder. acrylic paint.

phew

Return to “General WW2 Airsoft Discussion”