Re: Latest Acquisitions

Postby Stonewall » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:31 pm

I am hoping that too is the case LOL
Sam91
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Sam91 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:50 am

Bought my insignia for my Heer loadout - Litzen, alternate shoulder boards and national emblem. As well as the gas mask canister with strap - it's all coming together slowly.
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:06 pm

While visiting a test house up in Teesside, I took the liberty of detoring to a shop which I found by Googleing "antiques collectors shop near *said place*".

I picked up a 1943 British hot food container priced £22, a 1938 military use dated tennon saw priced £5, two mint unissed 1960s 2" mortar bandoliers priced £8 each, and a 1942 dated Vickers MG water flimsy priced £12.

After working my Southern charms, I got the lot for £35!
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomlegg
First Posting
First Posting

Postby tomlegg » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:07 pm

McVickers wrote:While visiting a test house up in Teesside, I took the liberty of detoring to a shop which I found by Googleing "antiques collectors shop near *said place*".

I picked up a 1943 British hot food container priced £22, a 1938 military use dated tennon saw priced £5, two mint unissed 1960s 2" mortar bandoliers priced £8 each, and a 1942 dated Vickers MG water flimsy priced £12.

After working my Southern charms, I got the lot for £35!

Cracking deal mate - I'm going shopping with you next time :D
ImageImageImageImage
Stonewall
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Stonewall » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Excellent deal McVickers :D
dcheetham89
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dcheetham89 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:31 pm

British '45 dated pup tent. FINALLY! paid a little on more than I wanted, though it excludes pegs. Looks unissued, but I'm sorted for the freedom trail now (legally too lol ), worth the £35. :good:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Fair price matey!
Military wood pegs are 75p-£1 each at Anchor Surplus! Got poles?
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dcheetham89
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dcheetham89 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Yes im quite happy actually! Oo sounds good I'll have a look, think I need 12 ?!? And yes I have poles! Weighs enough but should withstand the Pyrenean winds :D
CHThree
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby CHThree » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:55 am

Tent? Luxury! :wink:
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dcheetham89
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dcheetham89 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:27 am

[url][/url]
CHThree wrote:Tent? Luxury! :wink:

I know! I did say I'd be happy in a cave but rules is rules sunny. They wouldn't let me do it without one, damn health and safety. :slap:
Moss
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Moss » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:15 pm

A lovely new set of Panther Store "Battledress, Serge" with a collarless shirt and GS cap! :happyswing:

It arrived on Friday but nobody was in so it was left at my neighbours until Saturday, but I was staying at my girlfriend's house from Friday evening and all Saturday so I didn't get my mitts on it until around 1am this morning, but it was more than worth the wait!

It's perfect even down to the labels, with a February 1938 date on them (this might be unique to those made in Feb as mine was made in Jan/Feb), the serge has a lovely feel to it, the collarless shirt has early war type "gunmetal" buttons and the stitching is excellent. I ordered the off the peg size 13 and it fits very well with a bit of room to spare.

Worked out a few quid cheaper inc p&p than SOF too! Definitely recommend it to anyone who's after a full uniform.
ImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:20 pm

My new Reed Green HBT Tunic arrived today from Richard Underwood. Very smart looking piece of kit and feels great in the sun.
Attachments
2016-03-22 15.39.27.jpg
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dcheetham89
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dcheetham89 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Moss wrote:A lovely new set of Panther Store "Battledress, Serge" with a collarless shirt and GS cap! :happyswing:

It arrived on Friday but nobody was in so it was left at my neighbours until Saturday, but I was staying at my girlfriend's house from Friday evening and all Saturday so I didn't get my mitts on it until around 1am this morning, but it was more than worth the wait!

It's perfect even down to the labels, with a February 1938 date on them (this might be unique to those made in Feb as mine was made in Jan/Feb), the serge has a lovely feel to it, the collarless shirt has early war type "gunmetal" buttons and the stitching is excellent. I ordered the off the peg size 13 and it fits very well with a bit of room to spare.

Worked out a few quid cheaper inc p&p than SOF too! Definitely recommend it to anyone who's after a full uniform.

Glad your happy mate, it really is good isn't it! I really don't have the time or money for the game on Saturday but by god, I need to wear them again :giggle:
dcheetham89
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dcheetham89 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Granger wrote:My new Reed Green HBT Tunic arrived today from Richard Underwood. Very smart looking piece of kit and feels great in the sun.

Also this looks great :good:
What are you going to do with the lovely lufty impression, field troop or something more obscure?
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:18 pm

dcheetham89 wrote:
Granger wrote:My new Reed Green HBT Tunic arrived today from Richard Underwood. Very smart looking piece of kit and feels great in the sun.

Also this looks great :good:
What are you going to do with the lovely lufty impression, field troop or something more obscure?

It's badged up for Heer at the moment but I'm thinking of a way that I can easily attach luftwaffe insignia to it. Failing that I'll get a separate one for my lufty gear and use it for fallschirmjäger as I'll get a nice Tan and Water pattern field jacket for Field Division.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “General WW2 Airsoft Discussion”