Today I....

For general discussions.
Colonel Tigh117
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Today I....

Postby Colonel Tigh117 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:12 pm

today I ordered my DAK trousers in preparation to the hot weather next weekend. The nettles might have a field day but ill at least be cool........one point to me I think, who's laughing now nettles
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Have sorted out what appears to be a mini-mountain of gear for next weekend. I'm sure I usually travel lighter than this?

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ox&Bucks
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ox&Bucks » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:22 pm

MartinR wrote:Have sorted out what appears to be a mini-mountain of gear for next weekend. I'm sure I usually travel lighter than this?

Cheers
Martin

Ha Ha! Same! We have almost filled 2 cars to capacity and there is only 3 of us going!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Current Arsenal: ICS Grease Gun, ICS M1 Garand, MP40, Viva Arms Sten Mk2.
Iceman
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Iceman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Granger, the WE Hi-power doesn't have a hop up. You can fashion something to it but nothing out the box.
Why do you always carry that umbrella?
-Bad memory. Never could remember the password. Knew no Jerry would carry one. Had to prove I was an Englishman, you see.
A bridge too far
Moss
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Moss » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:52 pm

I think it actually does, but you have to strip the gun down and adjust a grub screw with an Allen key or something like that. The earlier ones weren't provided with said grub screw, but airsoft world make a point to say they they do now have a hop up in the page title.
ImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Moss wrote:I think it actually does, but you have to strip the gun down and adjust a grub screw with an Allen key or something like that. The earlier ones weren't provided with said grub screw, but airsoft world make a point to say they they do now have a hop up in the page title.

This. Bit of a pain to get to but it is there.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Iceman
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Iceman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the grub screw is beneath the barrel? I heard it works a bit with the screw, but still not a proper hop up.
-Bad memory. Never could remember the password. Knew no Jerry would carry one. Had to prove I was an Englishman, you see.
A bridge too far
Moss
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Moss » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Yes I believe you are correct. Not a conventional hop by any means but it works better than nothing. From the reviews that I've read it's actually fairly decent.
ImageImageImageImage
Iceman
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Iceman » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Ach, I must try it then. Any idea what size of a grub screw it is?
A bridge too far
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:07 pm

I'll open mine up when I get a chance and let you know
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SCVNGR
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SCVNGR » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:28 am

Today I started trying to put big wire in the small spaces of the MG42 pistol grip. :evil:
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Russe11 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:37 am

Discovered that I am in the free copy of Guns mart that was given away at War and Peace:

These forums get a mention as a result (although they got the url slightly wrong) and Dadio's work is called 'very convincing' :happydance:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:21 am

Well done that man!

Finally got my webley to be site legal and now getting all my paratrooper kit ready for skirmishing next month. Bring on the Hi cap heroes!
Regards,

Ralph

MartinR

Postby MartinR » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Today I finished putting away all my stuff from the weekend, and started sorting kit out for King Zog. Many thanks to Charlie for explaining which round to wear the chest mounted gas mask bag!

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
StevF99
Veteran
Veteran

Postby StevF99 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Today I popped down the farm to see my father and the Vickers .303 he's building. Giving a hand into the feeding issues. Hefty beast though. Hopefully it'll be combat ready soon...
Steve

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SnS SMLE, SnS No.4, ASG Sten gun, King Arms M1928A1, Projector Infantry Anti Tank, MkII 2" Mortar, Vickers .303

Return to “General WW2 Airsoft Discussion”