Now discussing Unternehmen Herbstnebel game
Old Un
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

auf Beschluss Peiper

Postby Old Un » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:33 am

MAJOR OBJECTIVE
Reach and take the bridge at Huy

1. Prepare for major assault; Advance at speed; Establish stronghold and form forward HQ
2. Reconnoitre all areas forward of HQ; Feed back intelligence to commander - positions of fuel dumps, ammunition dumps, enemy HQ, enemy troop movements, route to the bridge at Huy on the River Meuse
3. Form assault plans to destroy ammunition dumps and recover fuel supplies
4. Destroy enemy ammunition dumps
5. Recover sufficient fuel stocks to allow armour and transport to reach Huy
6. Advance to Huy in company formation

As we are the forward assault and recce party we are on foot and travelling light and fast. We are carrying a mortar with limited rounds and large quantities of grenades.

IMPERATIVE
The commander must be kept fully informed at all times of friendly and enemy troop movements. Information must flow up and down the chain of command if we are to have any hope of reaching Huy before the weather lifts and enemy aircraft fill the skies. We have fully extended lines and there are no reinforcements.
Troops are reminded to carry watches and notebooks/pencils. Those with compasses and binoculars will be of great assistance on the reconnoitre ensuring safe observation at a distance and accurate directions for command and control.
Gary Barton
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: auf Beschluss Peiper

Postby Gary Barton » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:31 pm

Sounds like a plan boss :D dont forget to save me some of that fuel i have a habit of running out :roll:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Joseph Porta
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Joseph Porta » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:05 am

i take it real fuel wont be in the cans , or will it???

the panzer only holds 5 litres, and will run for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour, depending on terrian and revs

ill be taking a 20l jerry can of benzin, and 5l in the panzer, so 4 to 5 hours combat time, maximum

also ill need to have a chat on how best to script it in to the game, so i dont spoil anything, but as the thing could be easily taken out by an orginized section attack, i dont see it ruining the game, but i dont want to roll in to any areas at the wrong time.

also its open topped, and open to the rear for 180 degrees, easy to grenade from the front or machine gun from the back.

a reasonably fit person can jog faster than the tank, so it wont be getting away from a serious infantry counter attack in a hurry, if it gets cut off from friendly infantry, its quite simply FOOKED :D
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
dayglowfroggy
First Posting
First Posting

Postby dayglowfroggy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:21 am

Is it petrol or diesel ?'
I always have a can of diesel in just in case you never know.
However I don't take it as part of my load out when airsofting gets a bit heavy/stupid. :slap:
JD7

Postby JD7 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:36 am

Kameraden - the need for watch, compass, notebook, pencil and bino's has been requested by Oberfeldkommandantur.

These are required for the intelligence gathering.

Those who have items, please bring to the game. Would you be willing to loan out on the 'you bend it/lose it - you pay for it' basis - depending on your role within the Axis during the game?

I have the following:-

1 x Original German Marching Compass
1 x German Bino's
1 x Repro Schreibblock
X x Wooden Pencils - If there is an Ikea close to you, please visit and :cough: put some in your pocket
1 x Watch

I am willing to lend all items if required apart from the compass.
Peppered
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Peppered » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:37 am

I am getting familial pressures not to attend but if I make it, are we ok with modern compasses if discrete? Does this also apply to binoculars/ monoculars, paper and pencils as original and repro items might be hard to source unless anyone knows where to get them at a reasonable price?

Don't want to upset anyone by using obviously modern stuff.
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:45 am

Modern stuff is perfectly fine Gavin.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:13 am

1940s Swiss wristwatch
post-war German compass
post-war Sovietski binocs

I do hope you can make it Gav - wouldn't be the same without you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Old Un

Postby Old Un » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Porta

TBH mate there is no where on the iste you'll be able to get the panzer in ...honeslty its fecking rammed with bogs, trees valleys and undergrowth . You'd have to lift it over a high wall just to get it on site. Hate to be a killjoy & all ...but wouldn't want you spending cash on it or wasting time bringing it up .

as for the rest ...right ...will brief you all next week when I've got a map .

Bottom line is , we establish forward positions , reconnoitre for fuel and ammo dumps and then advance and capture the fuel . If we capture enough fuel for the panzers coming up behind then we advance to the bridge over the Muese and we win . Happy days ! This is not a battle of capture and hold , it's blitzkreig to a timetable ..

workingtogether is key, the site is confusing , boggy as feck , has rivers and bridges , and with some snow will be a 'mare. Oh yeah and we also needot make sure that WE ALL BRING MESS TINS AS YOU WILL BE FED IN GAME AS PART OF THE BATTLE ...no wussy half time break ..
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 pm

i did a site recce last week guy

some kind person has put a car THROUGH the dry stone wall, also the wire fence by the safe zone is FLAT

as for the bogs, the panzer is tracked with very low ground presure, i dont see a problem

i looked at the trees and undergrowth, the panzers total width is 1 metre, so it will fit even through the dense stuff.

i spoke to chommers a couple of months back and he said go for it, so im 200 quid lighter in steel and a weeks worth of fabricating at work.

i was trying to touch base, and see if you wanted any specific use for it, so i dont bugger up any plans.
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
dayglowfroggy
First Posting
First Posting

Postby dayglowfroggy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 pm

Yey bring panzer .
By the way one of the pound shops near me has mess tins for a pound they look exactly like any other mess tins square brit type.
Old Un

Postby Old Un » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 am

Joseph Porta wrote:i did a site recce last week guy

some kind person has put a car THROUGH the dry stone wall, also the wire fence by the safe zone is FLAT

as for the bogs, the panzer is tracked with very low ground presure, i dont see a problem

i looked at the trees and undergrowth, the panzers total width is 1 metre, so it will fit even through the dense stuff.

i spoke to chommers a couple of months back and he said go for it, so im 200 quid lighter in steel and a weeks worth of fabricating at work.

i was trying to touch base, and see if you wanted any specific use for it, so i dont bugger up any plans.

Don't have a problem with you bringing it , just think you are going to struggle with the ground , having been up again last week .
Worst comes ot worst I'll comandeer it to ferry the soup !
Peppered
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Peppered » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:26 am

Steiner wrote:I do hope you can make it Gav - wouldn't be the same without you.

Aaawww, I've gone all mushy. :oops:

Return to “Axis - Private Game-Specific Discussion”