How was it for you???

Venue UCAP, Portsmouth
neillblume
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

How was it for you???

Postby neillblume » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:31 pm

fantastic game..... i really enjoyed myself loved all the sneaking around in the dark well done to the germans!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vorsprung durch Blitzkreig !
Speed, aggression and Hugo Boss
the innocent have nothing to fear......[img][img][/img][/img]
Devonshire Trooper
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: How was it for you???

Postby Devonshire Trooper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Well it was, very dark, very confusing, and very fun lots of back and forth one minuit were winning the next everyone gone your by youreslf and theres germans everywhere. I counted up 9 definate kills for myself so im quit happy.

Thanks to all the players, site and organisers for a great game. :good:
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Heh, yes it's such a different site, there is nothing to compare it to. This was much better than Wotan, and the ammo limit helped a bit. I forgot just how dark it was down there - literally could not see my hand in front of my face in places. My most satisfying kills were through a head-high hole in the brickwork, where I took out 3 Jerries who didn't have a clue where the fire was coming from! Great organisation Kermit et al. Also good to skirmish on the Allies side with people like Sgt Ash and Marsha. :good:

And I am now the final paid up member of the Drink & Bling Gruppen. :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Kermit
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Kermit » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:43 pm

Well, I'm back home, the props and kit have been put away, and i've a beer at hand.

What can I say? Thanks to all the players, my fellow CiA organisers and to Andy & his crew for a most enjoyable days shooting :good:

When I sat down to write this game I wanted to come up with a more sneaky-beaky type game than Wotan. The revised ammo limits and medic rules helped, as did the use of the red light. You guys and gals rose to the spirit of the event - short, vicious firefights, and plenty of flanking maneuvers - using brain cells as much as trigger fingers. A pleasure to shoot alongside the Allies for a change. Even if I do still think I looked bloody awful in Yank kit :lol:

More thoughts later, once i've had a good soak in the bath!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
webby

Postby webby » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:35 pm

FAN-flippin-tastic! I was revelling in the sneak beakyness! The game felt like it was engineered around my style of play, gun and run, sneak and peek!

Thanks to Kermit and all of the other organisers, and the UCAP guys for making it all possible! (damn you Andy for killing me with a springer!!)

Kermit you didnt look *that* bad in yank kit! I was convinced at least! Funnily enough Guy was saying at lunchtime to me "do you think its easier to recognise targets because all of the germans are wearing helmets? To which I said yeah,... not seen any blue on blue this morning... lo and behold, 1st time i get shot after lunch.... thanks Jay ;)

ANywho, back to the game! It was awesome, I was scared and excited. I'm not looking foward to the headache when the adrenaline finally wears off!

Well done to the Germans too, shortly before lunch we had you on the back foot, but it didnt take long for you to push us back! Well played to all!

Great thanks to Oddball for kindly giving me a lift home, I would have still been somewhere between southampton and oxford by now no doubt!

Matt "Sneaky" Webb
shellshokt
Veteran
Veteran

Postby shellshokt » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm

I had a great day, many thanks to the organisers & UCAP for creating such an atmospheric scenario!

Funniest bit of the day for me was when Bosh and I walked up to a fella we thought was a German. He in turn thought we were allies. After a couple of minutes of standing together Bosh called out the german password to some other players all three of us were looking at. The Brit para then spins round and opens up on us from about 2 foot away on full auto. Bosh and I look at each other and then shoot him, he had an empty mag :slap:

Took a couple of dodgy pics with my phone:

Thanks again
'shokt
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
Wraith666
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Wraith666 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Fantastic day, not played a CQB style game in about 2 years now and enjoyed the whole day, the dark allowed for loads of sneaking around, and the thunderflashes going off were really loud, but fun!, gun problems right from the start made my kills come in around 5 all day, but kept a lot of heads down.

Many thanks to Kermit and the UCAP crew for a great day, thanks to the Germans for giving me people to shoot and many thanks to all the Brits for fighting alongside me, and not forgetting the Yanks, Marsha for saving my butt when I was pinned down behind a stack of draws.

See you all soon :good:
"Will you stop talking about the war!!"
"What, you started it!"
"We did NOT start it!"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland..."

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Sometimes we never really find out what the other side's objectives were, and other details that get lost. (e.g. at Eagle, the Yanks only having 5 rounds at the beginning.) Would someone (Kermit?) be able to give away a few bits of info that we otherwise wouldn't know?

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Kermit

Postby Kermit » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:47 pm

Both the Allied and Axis objectives were the same. Which is why I hid the Intel in some odd places - trust me when I say that you did not find all of it. Or anywhere near all of it. They'll be finding it down there for years to come...

Oh yeah, did anyone find some sheets with handwritten codes on them? (i.e. 1/9/11/26/2) - and did you work out what they meant? (wasn't exactly a difficult code to break - just for fun! ;) )

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
BedsnHerts

Postby BedsnHerts » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:54 am

YES, I DID !!

I found it whilst shirking some action that was a bit too CQB for my tastes.

I'd proudly presented so much stuff to our CO's only to be told "nah, worthless" (often accompanied by a rolling of the eyes in a how-many-times-do-we-have-to-tell-you way), that I just saw a bunch of handwritten numbers and thought "nah, worthless" and didn't even bother taking it back :oops:
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:55 am

well what can i say this is the first time iv'e done UCAP and i loved it
just want to say thanks to the organisers for this event and thanks for the guys
who picked and droped me off at the station and looking forward to doing it again
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby JD7 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:46 am

Steiner wrote:I am now the final paid up member of the Drink & Bling Gruppen. :D

Actually Andy, your now a member but not paid up :lol:
Helga Geerhart

Postby Helga Geerhart » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:48 am

Gawd how tired am I and I wasn't even playing :lol: excellant site with great staff and was an honour to be amongst Andy and his lads being daft for a game :good:

We didn't get home til gone 1am (poor fandaglos will have been after that), have to go to work now and my brain isn't functioning.

Helga - have decided to see if I can take a pistol to work and play all over again :rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
Devonshire Trooper
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Devonshire Trooper » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:16 am

BedsnHerts wrote:that I just saw a bunch of handwritten numbers and thought "nah, worthless" and didn't even bother taking it back :oops:

We found those aswell but thought nothing of them, usefully Webby was translating all the text I think one was a guide on how to speak German lol.

Also Helga killed me with her springer :lol:
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:54 am

UCAP + FECKING GREAT AIRSOFTERS + INSANE ORGANISERS = MASSIVE SUCSESS

:mexican: :mexican: :mexican:
theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “'Die Glocke' 26th April 2009”