SS, FJ or Abwehr. Who's going as what then?

Discussing 'Die Glocke'
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Re: SS, FJ or Abwehr. Who's going as what then?

Postby Chomley-Warner » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:04 pm

* Just a quick note that Hitler turning up at Wotan had nothing to do with CiA, indeed it was quite a surprise to us too. However, Andy (UCAP owner) thought is was a jolly jape so we were a bit stuffed... *
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dave barrett
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby dave barrett » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:09 pm

there will been four of us who'll be in feildgrau and jackboots. :good:
___________________________Image__________________________

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:10 pm

Hmm, just my size! Might look good over the greys.

In our defence, the Hitler thing was sprung on us! He looked resplendent in his biro-drawn 'tache.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
jay851
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby jay851 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:11 pm

yep im up for ss in feldgrau, may even treat myself to some jackboots,although they will probably look like waders with my 'lil legs' :roll:
Image ImageImage
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Lardassmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 pm

I assume(hope!) some of the Abwehr will be dressing like that, which will look cool alongside the SS.

It would be cool if we could have a couple of chaps in civy dress like that acting as bodyguard types for the 'offical' and the rest as SS. I think they would need to be suitably creepy looking individuals though, as they would be part of the SD (Abwehr was part of the SD by 1945). Any suggestions for those roles? :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:15 pm

HeadShot wrote:Hmm, just my size! Might look good over the greys.

You're welcome to it, let me know if you want me to bring it along, it was only a cheapo freebie one i was given, so doesn't matter if it gets scratched/muddied/trashed in the tunnels.

Though apparently it was used in the last Batman film, from memory. :lol:
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:18 pm

So thats about ten of us in fledgrau so far plus Headshot if he can borrow Kermits!

How does everyone feel about making a thin fictional (and non political) unit cufftitle to tack stitch or pin over our existing ones?

I still think Sonderkommando is historically most appropriate:
(from wiki)
Special action units

Main article: Sonderkommando

Beginning around 1938, the SS enacted a procedure where offices and units of the SS could form smaller sub-units, known as Sonderkommandos, to carry out special tasks and actions which might involve sending agents or troops into the field. The use of Sonderkommandos was very wide spread, and according to former SS-Major Wilhelm Höttl, not even the SS leadership knew how many Sonderkommandos were constantly being formed, disbanded, and reformed for various tasks.

But.... evo found this which is a bit cooler and non offensive.

Project Ragna Rok is a fictional plan from Mike Mignola's Hellboy comics.

It involved a secret team of Nazi scientists and occultists, headed by Rasputin, aiming at creating a doomsday weapon which could end World War II and bring about a victory for the Third Reich.

It was named after the apocolypse in Norse mythology, "Ragnarok".
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
Peppered
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Peppered » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 pm

B********S you lot. SO I start this of thinking, oh well, generic hapless Heer guarding something I don't understand -Herr Soontodie. I can do that...

Then its some kind of SS secret kommando... OK thinks I.. I'll just get the SS smock and helmet cover, change the belt buckle that'll be a quick job...

Now its cuff titles, and rebadging etc HAVE YOU SEEN MY SEWING!!!!

It took me long enough to take the incorrect black chest eagle off and put a green one on.. :slap:

I really don't want to wear SS badges. :cry:

Can you have a poll and definately agree what insignia should be worn and then post it up in noddy language so I can follow it?

You should have heard the discussions about a side cap... it was like Monty Python....

I would like to buy a German side cap please....wot do you mean which type...etc!!!
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Peppered, wear what you like. You don't have to put on insignia if you don't like it. In fact, you could go all undercover and civilian if you liked!
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Peppered wrote:Can you have a poll and definately agree what insignia should be worn and then post it up in noddy language so I can follow it?

this is a CiA game, there's no 'right' or 'wrong' at all.

If you don't want to wear ss insigia, don't, no one will think any the less of you, or anything.

Anyway, standard heer feldgrau will blend in pretty seamlessly with the ss feldgrau (it's the same feldgrau, after all!), and it's that dark, no one's going to see any insignia anyway!

We were just talking about trying to get as many people into felgrau as possible, and got carried away. There's no need to rebadge, buy new kit, or anything! :good:
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:04 pm

What he said...

We're just doing it for a bit of fun.
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
Peppered
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Peppered » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:05 pm

HS, I appreciate that but thanks for saying it.

I agree one look would be great but I don't get much time to do stuff like sewing badges on and taking them off and more to the point, I am officially clueless!

So, despite my reticence for SS, I will badge up as per the others if we can get agreement on what we should have on. There is no point me pitching in with this, I just need to be told.

Would it be a good idea to get a bulk load from, say Epic so they all look the same?

PS. It is meant as more a John Cleese outburst rather than being serious :whistle:
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Peppered wrote:B********S you lot. SO I start this of thinking, oh well, generic hapless Heer guarding something I don't understand -Herr Soontodie. I can do that...

Then its some kind of SS secret kommando... OK thinks I.. I'll just get the SS smock and helmet cover, change the belt buckle that'll be a quick job...

Now its cuff titles, and rebadging etc HAVE YOU SEEN MY SEWING!!!!

It took me long enough to take the incorrect black chest eagle off and put a green one on.. :slap:

I really don't want to wear SS badges. :cry:

The simplest AND cheapest way to turn a heer impression into an SS one would be to just get an Oakleaf Zeltbahn (about £35) and a SS belt buckle. with the Zelt on, your tunic collars are completely covered and you just have the lower tunic sleeves showing onto which you could tack stitch a cuff title if you really wanted to. With the SS smock, your colar tabs will show so the zelt is a better and much cheaper option. As for your helmet, as long as it is decal-less then you dont even need a helmet cover.

You can be the guy who was guarding the entrance outside in the rain until it all kicked off :rofl:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Nothing serious about CiA, ever.....

Despite that, Waffen SS are a very different beast from the political SS, so no need to worry, plus no-one's going to see you in these tunnels, even your fellow players.

NB: Bosh, Oakleaf would show up like a sore thumb in the tunnels!
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm

HeadShot wrote:Nothing serious about CiA, ever.....

no need to worry, plus no-one's going to see you in these tunnels, even you fellow players.

NB: Bosh, Oakleaf would show up like a sore thumb in the tunnels!

Surely you just contradicted yourself there HS :?: :wink:

Also I disagree if it was "Fall side" out.
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Axis - Private game forum”