And many thanks

Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Re: And many thanks

Postby Yith » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:23 pm

No I didn't, well done that man! :good:

I didn't order him... I just told him what I'd done! ;)
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Having gone airfix all day I know how many peps as I had to be close enough to hit them :roll: 8 in total and five of them were with one mag :good: as guy suggested may be having a separate area for social (space permitting of course)would be a good idea so the more sensible chaps (allies :roll: ) can get some sleep and there would be less chance of the d&b setting fire to tents .(how’s the hair guy still singed a bit :lol: sorry ill try to improve my aim :slap: ) as for the game being to scripted .it did not fell like it to me .I was given orders and carried them out .so in a way yes I was told when & were to be and what to do but it did not feel scripted as .I did not know what was going to happen as we tried to carry out these simple patrol orders. in the morning nice and quite we dug mg nests set up coms mortars and so on with light engagements then all of a sudden tons of brits storming the sentry box .swiftly fettled by a well placed mortar round :wink: .just as we arrived at the railway line to walk up and down it patrolling .bang the tunnel goes up were running after brits well after the shock of everything going tits up .scripted no people obeying orders yes and I thought it worked very well.
theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ramsay00105
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Ramsay00105 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 pm

As I didn't get home till nearly 10 I did not get online to write last night.
I had a fantastic time again thanks to all the organisers. It was great to play on the allied side with so many people with line infantry kit. Not forgetting those RAF chaps and that Lost Pole.
If we seemed not to be a defeated army I can only think it was because morale always seemed so good. Many of us have even trained together now so in our little Airsoft way we actually are competant at some infantry tactics. Though my star of the day was Sheena (sp?) who seemed to be a tireless combat womble (it was the gas mask full face protection) always trying to have another bash at the boche no matter which part of the battlefield we were in.
Thanks again everyone and I look forward to another early war game, Arras, Norway, Crete hint..hint...
15 Plt. C Coy 2 Batt. S STAFFORDS 1st Airlanding Brigade 1st Airborne Division
The Hallamshire Battalion Y&L Regiment 146 Infantry Brigade 49 Inf Division

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gary Barton
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Gary Barton » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Well cracking day :good: hats off too all involved 8)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Helga Geerhart
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Helga Geerhart » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:40 pm

So tired still zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol: guarunteed then I had to do 2 days worth of analysis in 3 hours today :( :cry: Anyways a few "good moments" from me. The gurlie contingency and much giggling with them :good: shame Marsha couldn't have been with us (if she's reading you were missed 8) :good: ) :rofl: awaiting to see the evidence of that one :oops: :slap: (at which point marsha may be glad she was MIA :lol: ) I expected to be cringing writing this, but me in for a penny in for a pound :rofl: it was so funny it will be worth it am sure either that or next game I'll be wearing a head to toe authentic Helga sized brown paper bag :rofl: :rofl: . Missed the pyromaniacs in the camp though so not really sure what went on there (probs for the better seeing as Che was entertaining the crowds or more likely scaring them :lol: )

Me and Che firing the motar having gone through the ropes of how it works with the firing team actually going to be del (gottmituns) and Ant, sadly they were "unavailable" at time required so me and Che took to the helm. First two rounds in it of which we couldn't actually see where it landed or indeed if we were on target went off and scattered the allies. But with prompting from our Major, third time lucky we heard we'd managed to get it bang on :good: lots of medic shouting and the border was secured :good: )amazing we worked so well as a team cos we don't at home :rofl: :rofl: )

Working with the Yorkshire crew (and their adopted members :wink: ) and finding out how cohesive we could be :good: albeit on the railway line they all left me as last (wo)man standing trying to medic and keep the fire fight going and sadly failing miserably as I was outnumbered at least 4-1 :slap:

First few hours of the game I didn't fire a single shot, most of the time I held back knowing it would be wasted ammo firing up hill/to thick of trees etc and instead aided the snipers in our squad picking out where the allies were.

Someones given me a nice welt from an allied single shot on my check :good: dunno who it was but it was a cracking shot there whoever it was and I've a good scab on it today :good: interesting explaining at work as some know I airsoft and some don't...... those that do think I'm insane anyways :rofl: even though they're organising a works paintball day :?

Loved the non french speaking french civilians :D how to confuse one, ask for documents in french, then again thats like shouting for Che in German and waiting for him to twig he was the CO of our squad and not Carl for a change :lol: :good:
ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
Barrie and Anne
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Barrie and Anne » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Excellent day, thanks to everyone involved in making it happen, and thanks to all for making our new recruits feel welcome, they enjoyed it too.

Best part for me was blowing up the bridge shortly after lunch. We scouted up there to find two germans repairing it so laid low for a bit watching them work, raise the flag and wander off. Then we legged it in, did the job and out again almost like we knew what we were doing. Sadly our plucky charge to recapture it shortly afterwards was less than successful - whoops.

I was a bit "gulp, Major Chommley's giving us four noobs some really important missions" all day but we actually managed to achieve most of our objectives, especially in the morning, without getting many kills or casualties. In fact, I think I only died about three times all day (twice by Tiny and Porta), so the game ended up being pretty much non-regen anyway.

Well done to the chaps in kilts with lacerated knees. The RAF all looked very suave and it was good to see the iconic german look for the opposition. Plus, we completed the All Day BD Challenge AND won the First to Bed award (although granted we took advantage of Webby's absence to claim that one).
Broadsword
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Broadsword » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:45 pm

The tommy user had run out of ammo

Yep. That was me a couple of times in the afternoon. But it worked brilliantly knowing that the riflemen could keep sniping away while my job was to blast away with covering fire when needed. It gave a very different feel to normal full auto firefights. Much more tactical and sneaky rather than just superior firepower rules.
Kermit

Postby Kermit » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:59 pm

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Usual Social shenanigans kicked off the Saturday night. Sunday morning kicked off by sticking my head out of the Zelt tent to see a zombie. Sorry, not a zombie. Was Yith. Well, at first glance he *was* staggering around like one of the undead :lol:

High point for me?

Watching the pioneers and the Blaggers working their way down the railway track, sweeping for mines and booby traps with the mine detector and the good old Mk 1 Eyeball. Total concentration on the job in hand. When one of the pioneers informed me that he'd spotted a Brit he was asked to inform Herr Major, which he did ASAP. Not a single person hared off after them, they stuck to the job in hand. Top marks gentlemen!

The standard of kit was excellent. Cant believe that Nige, Sandy and Gadge were mad enough to wear kilts!(then again, insanity is a thin line, and easy to cross :whistle: ) The Germans looked bloody good in Feldgrau :)

Oh yeah, Helga, I still owe you for the bacon buttie on sunday morning. Will remember to pay you next time!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Kermit wrote:Oh yeah, Helga, I still owe you for the bacon buttie on sunday morning. Will remember to pay you next time!

Heh, me too - put £1.50 in my pocket to hand over then was promptly distracted. Handover at Belters!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
che
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby che » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

im sure she will accept a glass of shnaps instead :wink:
theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tiny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tiny » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:49 pm

An absoloutely fantastic day. Thanks to all involved in the planning, and to all who took part. I guess the highlight of my day was dying for our beloved fuhrer(deliberately may I add) whilst walking down the train line and tripping a tripwire!

PD wrote:There they all were, all the famous names and faces and monikers from the forum - Headdanglos, Webshot, Scaleymonkey, Old Warner, Chomsteiner, all of them! WOWSERS! And I'd played!

But they weren't all there! You've yet to meet Porta and Tiny, 'panzer troops'. Yellow topper and grey bowler. Its an experience, and you need to keep an eye on yerself if you gamble. Lol :wink:

Old 'Un wrote:LOL Jay put 10 m of slack into the line when he laid it out , when Tiny repaired it he just pulled the slack out of the line and twisted it together ...repaired in seconds ...us Germans are sneaky too !

Its a long time since i've twiddled with d-10 wire. brought back some gruesome memories of needle-like fingertip injuries I can tell you!!!

Anywho, summing up the day in one word I think i'd use 'sensational'

My Two Cents
My Two Cents.....
Tiny

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"I'll show you 'ow the English knock the top off a egg"

Weapons:-
MP40
Dboys K98
MG42
Thompson
plus loads of other modern day crap
MI-GO-A-GO-GO
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MI-GO-A-GO-GO » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:43 am

Had a fantastic time :good:

My abiding memory will be at the guard post with 2 other germans happily chatting away firmly convinced that the battle was far off, I was even having a crafty smoke :slap: . then being attacked by a group of 3 commandos who came in shot 2 of us then got the other guy whilst he fumbled with his weapon in the gaurds box (ooohhh errr ) they then just as quckly ran off

great stuff

:rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

armoury. Sten lanchesteralike thompson m1a1 thompson 1928 Garand (m14 S&S) 1911 Browning HP Tanaka M10 stg 44 mp40 x 2 tanaka k98 MG42 (AK IN PLASTIC BODY) MG34 (ak in plastic body as well) Luger broom handle latex bayonet latex E-tool
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:05 am

MI-GO-A-GO-GO wrote:Had a fantastic time :good:

My abiding memory will be at the guard post with 2 other germans happily chatting away firmly convinced that the battle was far off, I was even having a crafty smoke :slap: . then being attacked by a group of 3 commandos who came in shot 2 of us then got the other guy whilst he fumbled with his weapon in the gaurds box (ooohhh errr ) they then just as quckly ran off

great stuff

:rofl:

That would be Heide, Stu and me! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PD
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby PD » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 am

No - that would be me Kermit and Heide!!!!!! :rofl:
ImageImageImage Image
LOOK! I ham now four meggle man!
A001
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:29 pm

sorry to post so late......

i left early to get home to the kids (about 1600 hrs) sorry people

Thanks to john M for the last minuite battery loan

sorry peppered, it was me who shot you in the helmet , i did get one in the spine as i legged it down the track :shock:

Thanks again to all Orginizers and players, it was the best event ive done yet :good:

my personal favourite was the british attack on the sentry box just before dinner.

the allied attack was so heavy, i burned through all the mg ammo , the MG42 was down to its last 50 rounds, (not an exageration) i was asking the few germans still allive for ammo, and EVERY man was down to his last magazine, or too pinned to make it accross to the mg position, if the brits had put in one more push before dinner, we would have been overrun due to lack of ammo.

also, so many accurate rounds landed all around the mg sandbag position. several times i had to cease fire and duck, to avoid well placed, effective rifle fire, the mg barrel took 3 hits that i saw :good:

in the end i had to put out smoke , and just fire through it .

THNAKS to john M and others for the sandbag mg pit, it really saved my neck, on several occasions .

Great game, Great people, 10 out of 10 :good:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison

Return to “Operation Ariel - 5th July 2009”