Type 100 mag storage

Moderator: Steiner

Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Type 100 mag storage

Postby Granger » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:23 pm

StevF99 wrote:I had a look around at photos and a lot of SMG troops appear to just wear the Type 96/99 pouches. I don't know if they'd fit but given the round size they're probably a good fit.

This eBay item seems pretty close, even the toolkit might fit them...

I've ordered the set so we'll see how it goes when it arrives. I do remember seeing a picture of a soldier with type 100 wearing a type 99 pouch.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

bugger just looked them and saw stuff that i did not know i needed till now , even though i suspect i wont use any of it lol :) though i have to equip a couple of friends for the weekender :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:10 pm

I got my shovel from that guy. I'm eyeing up that nice leather and canvas bandolier and if these new pouches work out I'll get some more.

Tried my hardest to find the actual type 100 pouches but no luck. As for the chest rig in the osprey book, I've had a nose around some reenactment forums and no one can find any examples of then in use. Maybe it was one of those custom made jobs like the Japanese camouflage uniforms.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Wed May 04, 2016 8:55 am

Sorry. Double post.
Last edited by Granger on Wed May 04, 2016 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Ralph

Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Wed May 04, 2016 8:55 am

My 99 pouch arrived today and the sten mags fit snugly in the tool kit pouch. Could easily fit 5 or 6 magazines though the leather strap needs a new hole punched in it. The ammo pouch is a nice size for carrying bb's/speed loaders/grenades.

If anyone is planning on using an smg with their jap kit I'd fully recommend them.

Regards,

Ralph

cjw957
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby cjw957 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:20 am

looks good :)

the image from the osprey book is a full on vest , when i read the text , will hunt down the book again and let you know what it said , maybe we could talk hiki etc into making some lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Wed May 04, 2016 2:29 pm

cjw957 wrote:looks good :)

the image from the osprey book is a full on vest , when i read the text , will hunt down the book again and let you know what it said , maybe we could talk hiki etc into making some lol

I'd definitely be up for that. That guy in the osprey book is Giretsu and while I know we ashould be doing standard infantry first it would be cool to do a Giretsu impression with the camo uniform too.
Regards,

Ralph

Return to “Japanese”