theres nowt so Permanent as temporary

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
BedsnHerts
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Pictures from St Lo

Postby BedsnHerts » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Some yank probably pinched it when you were lying dead - along with your watch. :rofl:
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby JD7 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 pm

BedsnHerts wrote:Some yank probably pinched it when you were lying dead - along with your watch. :rofl:

No the watch was me :oops: It was confiscated by the Luftwaffe FJ FG for being tooooo shiny :rofl:
Fandanglos
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fandanglos » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Brilliant photos. Very atmospheric. Well done Dave :good:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Absolutely outstanding photos Dave, some of the best WW2 Airsoft event photos I think I've seen infact! :good: :good: :good:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImage
Seidler
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seidler » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Love the black & whites....very atmospheric...
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:13 pm

Just got back the few photos I took with my vintage 1928 Zeiss Ikon folding 120 camera.

This is the first time I have used the camera so this was really just a test roll to see if the camera did actually work and was light-tight.

I'm actually quite pleased with them considering I am a total photography beginner. some issues with subject framing and could maybe do with a little more exposure on the ones of my brother but meh, not bad for a first attempt I think

these pic's are a scan of the prints and are not as sharp as the originals, I think my scanner has seen better days as its been in the loft for a couple of years! next time I'll get a cd of the prints when I get them developed.

“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."

ImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Good stuff! Inaccurate framing , a bit of camera shake and the odd duff exposure are what makes the difference between 'aged' digital pics and the real thing and all the better for it. Amateur snapshots that look like amateur snapshots. Nice!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Locutus
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Locutus » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:16 pm

they look awesome. great job
Fandanglos
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Fandanglos » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Good photos!

JD7

Postby JD7 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:52 pm

nice pics :good:
BedsnHerts

Postby BedsnHerts » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:59 am

These look great. Were these the only three that came out OK? What was the cost-per-pic?
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:04 am

Heh, I got my negatives ages ago - still waiting for scanning :roll: I'll get round to it when I can!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 am

BedsnHerts wrote:These look great. Were these the only three that came out OK? What was the cost-per-pic?

There's 4 pic's Martin! :wink:

Of the 8 frames on the roll, 2 I took before the event and they were useless because I had set the focus completely wrong :slap:, another frame I accidentaly took a second pic without winding it on :slap: The other pic (I think the one you took) came out fine, I just didn't get around to scanning it.

With the next roll i'm confident of getting 8 decent shots. development cost was £12 from Ilford Labs, so its £1.50 a frame. This roll was £2.40 a shot! :?

ImageImageImageImage
BedsnHerts

Postby BedsnHerts » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:42 am

I'm talking about the good pictures so I'm not counting the one where I'm gazing lovingly into Steiner's eyes.... :evil:

My effort with 12 exposures of 120 roll film worked out at about a fiver for each acceptable picture. Then again maybe Snappy Snaps doesn't represent the best value for money when it comes to processing.

Return to “St. Lo - 20th June 2009”