M1 Garand Owners Club

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
webby
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

M1 Garand Owners Club

Postby webby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:26 am

This is a thread for all those who own an Airsoft M1 Garand, whether it be Marushin, S&S conversion, individual custom jobby or other! Hail to the day when the chinese make a decent factory finished M1 Garand!

This is my Marushin 8mm blowback M1. This is the second one I have owned, somehow this one is up to skirmishing decency! I have 9 8-round clips (all plastic ones) 6 foam imitation enblocks and 3 inert real steel enblocks (which are bandolier fillers) I have recently stripped the horrible dark brown stain on the stock, and replaced it with a nice American oak stain :good:

when I'm not using the cartridge belt I keep the Airsoft clips in one of the bandoliers. Anyone with a blowback M1 may like to look into this trick I came across. Either buy or make your own cardboard bandolier insert. (available on eBay, or PM me and I can make you some) and put them inside the clip like this:

This will mean that when in the bandolier it will sit at the top, making it easier to get your fingers on to pull out. Also it protects the bbs from dirt (any accuracy help due to clean bbs is very noticeable) the cardboard insert grips the clip tightly enough so that it doesn't simply jump out when you're moving around! :)

looking forward to everyone elses :D

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: M1 Garand Owners Club

Postby marsha » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:04 pm

well here is mine a s&s conversion also with 8 modified mags
hope to change the stock to wood as it seems better

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
couchpotato
Veteran
Veteran

Postby couchpotato » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi I wouldn't mind joining the club.
I have a Marushing Tanker. I got it from an re-enactor friend of mine that has only ever had some photos taken of himself with it. It was never fired by him, I have put 1 clip through it and thats all at the moment. I have stripped it down and lock tighted all the screws etc that come loose and silicon oiled all the moving parts, This is a really lovely gun. Yes I will be using it in the field if I can get a few more mags for it, until then its at home in the box.
I will take a few pic's and post them in a few days.

Rob.

Lt. Morris Schaffer: "Second rate punk," eh?
Major John Smith: Sorry. All I could think of on the spur of the moment.
Lt. Morris Schaffer: Thanks, that makes it even worse.
webby

Postby webby » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 am

Nice one Rob, anyone who has one is welcome :)
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 am

I better join as well! I have, after all, got your old M1 AEG that you used so much that it was in tatters. ;) ...

It's all nicely re-conditioned and working well again now though!

I just wish it had a real wood stock!
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Tarnish
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tarnish » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 am

I did own one of the first Marushin M1s. I was never able to get the thing to function as a viable skirmishing rifle so in the end I sold it on so I could buy a G&G L85A1 which after some internal modifications and upgrading to A2 appearance has given me five years of sterling service. I do now own an S&S M1 conversion which was a birthday/Xmas gift from my mate Jamie but as yet due to bits of the HOP mech missing from before I received it I haven't used it yet, plus I'm modifying a damaged Pro Arms M14 wood stock to fit. Mind you now that the ACM M1918A2 as reared its head........

:D
-Marc-
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
4th Wilts LHG

WW2 armoury: WA M1911A1 SCW, TM M1A1 TSMG, AGM STEN Mk2, AGM MP40, S&S M1 Garand.
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 am

Why have I not posted? probably because mine is held together with some electricians tape at the moment :whistle: , tastefully though :D

dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 am

I've got one, but i don't actually want it. :lol:

It's a Cyma based S&S kit, in full wood with about a dozen mags.

Took it to Senny and it was firing spot on, but as i'm *never* going to play as US, the only thing i can get away with using it for is SAS, so i'm currently tidying it up to sell.
Colosseum
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Colosseum » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Can we post pictures of our real rifles? :P

I'm really surprised no one has made an AEG M1... I'm sure they'd sell out like nothing else.
imp1864
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby imp1864 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:21 pm

:good: mark me down for as a true believer. Mine is part wood and part standars AGM stock. I must organise some pics.
ImageImageImage
CHThree
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby CHThree » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 pm

This is mine when it was all shiny & new.
Resize of P6270065.JPG
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Colosseum
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Colosseum » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:10 pm

The gems of my World War II rifles collection. 1943-dated Royal Ordnance Factory (Fazackerly) Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.1 and Springfield Armory 50's-built M1 Garand. :)

One more M1 pic... my friend Erik with it... notice the lack of trigger discipline...:

Last edited by Colosseum on Thu May 27, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarnish
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tarnish » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:33 pm

A bit of an update RE my S&S M1. I came to the decision (after a chat on the phone with Jamie who asked if I used it yet!) that my S&S M1 could not languish dismantled any longer so I decided to bin the wooden stock idea for the time being and get the existing faux wood repainted and the rifle reassembled. I used artists acrylic paints, a combination of dark umber and black. I rubbed down the surfaces with a sanding block keeping that I wanted the create a wood grain effect in mind. I then gave the parts an overall coat of dark umber which I allowed to dry. I then applied a patchy coating of black which was also allowed to fully dry. I finished of with an almost dry brushing of another coat of dark umber. The effect is much improved upon the original painted resin parts and as I've also done the plastic stock the furniture is now uniform in appearance. The rifle sadly isn't functional just yet as I need a new HOP chamber and the original was damaged (but repairable) upon receipt but sadly it appears to have been made of cheese and I managed to break the retention clip. I'm also going to buy a 590mm barrel as even the TM 550mm barrel I replaced the original SOCOM length one with stops far short of the muzzle. I'll also have to fit a Deans connector to the wiring harness as all my batteries have been modified so.

Anyway here's a photo below of my S&S M1 with my 1942 Winchester manufactured M1 deac above it. I really must get hold of a stacking swivel too, it's bugging me by its absence!

-Marc-
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
4th Wilts LHG

WW2 armoury: WA M1911A1 SCW, TM M1A1 TSMG, AGM STEN Mk2, AGM MP40, S&S M1 Garand.
Dr.Hossa

Postby Dr.Hossa » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Here´s my S&S M1 Conversion

spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Garand.jpg

My Garand.
Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”