Airsoft flame throwers

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
bobafettchicken
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Airsoft flame throwers

Postby bobafettchicken » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:03 am

This might be one of those stupid awkward questions, along the lines of ''where do babies come from?'' but...

I know people have built airsoft ''flamethrowers'' using a homemade system where the gas and the bb's vent out together, giving a wild rate of fire and a wide stream of bb's.

What are people's views on these being used at games?
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: Airsoft flame throwers

Postby Russe11 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:27 pm

The lack of range and power makes up for the high ROF. It would only be useful for bunkers etc. though so could be considered as a prop for specific games where it is designed into the game. I think though, if you are carrying one and get shot, there would be no medic-ing, you would have to run around on fire, screaming for a bit before dying horribly :giggle:
Hmm possibly have a pull cord activated red smoke built in for when you get shot :rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nurglitch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Nurglitch » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:06 am

A flamethrower we built for a larp was made around a hand-pump fire extinguisher. It "fired" water, which is easier, more realistic and much less messy than a cloud of BBs (not to mention that for a proper flamethrower effect you would need to expend 10 quid worth of BBs a second).
Kitwhore files: S&S Lee Enfield No. 4, AGM Sten Mk. II, Tanaka Kar 98k, WE Luger P08
Wishlist: AGM Stg44, possible LE No. 4 gas project

prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:11 pm

I have seen a u-tube video of a bb flamethrower. Not overly impressed in truth by the limited range, also not sure if I would want to be fired upon by a cloud of bb's rather than just a short burst of a few of them. BB's make safe and practical replacement for a bullet in our games but surely a better a better representation of a burst of flame is a burst from a fire extinquisher. I think AGS were planning on fitting fire extinquisher innards in a hand made repro german flamethrower pack for the Rattenkreig game, not sure if it ever got done though.
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russe11
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Russe11 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Not sure I would be happy getting hosed with water, when I can't take goggles off to clean them. What about polystyrene balls or confetti? I don't think you would need to feel the hit as you would be engulfed by the 'flame'. As for range, proportionally a flame thrower has very little range compared to a bullet.
prideofengland
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby prideofengland » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Russe11 wrote:Not sure I would be happy getting hosed with water.

believe C02 was used at Pavlovs house and worked well. looks much more like the burst of a flamethrower than bb's or confetti :D
Rene "Are you one?"
Gruber "Vell, it vas very lonely on ze Russian Front."
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:49 pm

prideofengland wrote:
Russe11 wrote:Not sure I would be happy getting hosed with water.

believe C02 was used at Pavlovs house and worked well. looks much more like the burst of a flamethrower than bb's or confetti :D

definitely the way to go :good: , I even made a back-pack mounted prototype and it worked great, so well that I used up all the Co2 whilst I was playing with it. Just like a real one, you get about 5 or 6 good shots from a 2.5Kg extinguisher. Obviously only any use in CQB environments.
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Allenby
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Allenby » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Which sounds a lot better than getting hosed down with a bb shower at point blank range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:41 pm

prideofengland wrote: believe C02 was used at Pavlovs house and worked well. looks much more like the burst of a flamethrower than bb's or confetti :D

Yes, Porta caught me with a blast of CO2 and I writhed about screaming in a ball of flame. Oh wait, was Porta trying to put me out? Anyway, it was a hoot but really only suitable for indoors.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby dadio » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:04 pm

i was thinking along the lines of the polystyrene balls but then i thought about cleaning up after , then i remembered the corn starch packing material that looks a bit like polystyrene , that stuff dissolves when wet , is non toxic , could be colored in a mix of colors and mixed to simulate flame and could be launched with compressed air .was just a thought ,if every body want's to go with carbon dioxide fire extinguishers then it's so much easier.
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”