Webley MARK VI co2 revolver

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Webley MARK VI co2 revolver

Postby Granger » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Soooo... If I get some power down shells, push out the restrictor, place into the webley shells, I'll have a site legal webley to use? Or would it be better to get one of those refillable green gas reservoirs in place of the co2?
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Granger wrote:Soooo... If I get some power down shells, push out the restrictor, place into the webley shells, I'll have a site legal webley to use?

You can actually buy Dan Wesson branded restrictors to retro-fit into unrestricted shells - I know for a fact that they exist - though where to buy them from I'm at a loss I'm afraid...

Granger wrote:Or would it be better to get one of those refillable green gas reservoirs in place of the co2?

I have purchased one and have it in my hand at this very moment - once I run the Co2 cartridge out (or work out a safe way to remove or vent a half empty cartridge) I'll give the greengas reservoir a test and crono' and post up the results.
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:28 pm

McVickers wrote:
Granger wrote:Soooo... If I get some power down shells, push out the restrictor, place into the webley shells, I'll have a site legal webley to use?

You can actually buy Dan Wesson branded restrictors to retro-fit into unrestricted shells - I know for a fact that they exist - though where to buy them from I'm at a loss I'm afraid...

Granger wrote:Or would it be better to get one of those refillable green gas reservoirs in place of the co2?

I have purchased one and have it in my hand at this very moment - once I run the Co2 cartridge out (or work out a safe way to remove or vent a half empty cartridge) I'll give the greengas reservoir a test and crono' and post up the results.

:happyswing:

I've ordered some power down shells that I'm going to break apart. Also ordered the greengas reservoir so we'll see which one is better.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:42 am

My power down shells turned up today. Managed to break them apart and put the restrictor into the webley shells. Now the webley shoots around 250fps! Perfect for skirmishing and more than enough for cqb.

Unfortunately the green gas reservoir was very lack lustre with an fps of 100 at the most. It could probably go higher but I've found that it leaks quite a lot of gas when you screw it in, much more than the co2 capsules. Practised a few times trying to screw the bolt very quickly but didn't get very good results. Seeing as the power down shell method is working brilliantly I don't really see the point in trying to get the green gas to work.

Need to put a hop unit in and then I should be able to get at least one hit before I reload! :lol:

P. S. Anyone want some Dan wesson shells? ;)

EDIT: I'm happy to sell the green gas reservoir if anyone is interested it giving it a go. £5 + postage.
Regards,

Ralph

Iceman
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Iceman » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:44 pm

Is it possible to mod the power like on Dan Wessons, so you can use the normal shells?
Why do you always carry that umbrella?
-Bad memory. Never could remember the password. Knew no Jerry would carry one. Had to prove I was an Englishman, you see.
A bridge too far

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”