Bren and again and again

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: Bren and again and again

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:59 am

Where I work, we cut springs a lot of the time, mainly aiming for around 340fps trying to keep under the 350mark, because of difference in chrono’s on different sites.
I’ve even had guns go up on fps after a few days, probably as they settle in but most come down some. Different make springs of the same same power do indeed differ, I try to keep track in a book, what makes, aligned with barrel lengths will roughly do in certain guns. Life is a bit easier with most newer guns now coming in with quick change spring facility.
I do much the same to finish off the spring when cut, grind off flat and with a small flame tweak down to line up and while still hot a little dip in the oil.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby dadio » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 pm

I find that grinding flat heats and de-tempers the end of the spring enough to bend it flat with pliers if needed , sometimes you have to clip off so much that you go into the wider spaced coils and then you need to flatten it for sure but mostly if you stay in the closer spaced coils they tend to close up mostly flat under compression .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Last magazine finished , I did forget something though , the carry handle should lock out to the side of the gun for "from the hip" shooting action so I need to fit a little ledge on the side of the gun for it to lock to . still shooting hot so it needs a little spring trim after all .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ImageImageImage
kingmaker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kingmaker » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Some Bren gun doctrine here
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LLd0Px2Q8E0
Dont know if you have heard of bloke ,but he seems to know what he is talking about ,and uses source material to get many of his facts.
His video where he talks about what Americans have put over as facts anout the Enfield Rifle in recent years,all internet hearsay,bloke points out that all the countries that used it as a service rifle never noticed those Facts,made me laugh
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:49 pm

That clip shows a nice demonstration of gunner and loader doing magazines change drill , thanks for linking it :good:
armoury

ImageImageImage
kingmaker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby kingmaker » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Cool so now you are intriduced to bloke on the range,he seems to get some stick for not. being some super cool ex delta force type yank,but like i say seems to know what he is talking about ,he seems to be some kind of gunsmith and competition maksman with some military experience,even if it was only at cadet level
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 pm

A little update , Simon (Fremsley) dropped off the bipod and one of those Commando front grips , i confess the Commando grip is one of those things I was not keen on ( a bit too Schwarzenegger ) but now its fitted i like it , makes me come over all Chindit . All that's left is a little downgrade then a final coat of paint so its all shiny for Simon :good:
armoury

ImageImageImage
dadio

Postby dadio » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:05 am

Its now shooting 330fps and its all in bits for hopefully the last time , its had a last lick of paint except the front of the barrel and is drying in perfect drying weather , the battery's arrived today , it should all be ready for Friday/Saturday hand over :happyclap:
armoury

ImageImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”