S&T 1903 Springer!

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

S&T 1903 Springer!

Postby ww2stu » Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi Guys,

just seen that S&T have brought out a spring rifle of the 1903. :happyclap: :happyclap:

I was shocked as I am normally in the know about any guns like this coming out. It was only that i get the the e-hobby asia newsletter that i saw it. As its in the "Sniper" 11% off sale. I have been very tempted by the GAS G&G 1903 and was going to buy one and pray it was better than the Kar 98 they brought out previously. But glad I have held out till now.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/s-t-m1903a3-spring-power-rifle.html#.VWiuLkblzs0

Spare mags cost $9, being a springer its nice and cheap. Not having to fork out £30-40 quid for a gas mag is nice. Have ordered mine and will post a review when it arrives. Some pictures till then.

It is on sale in other places, WGC (Sold out), Airsoft Global (In Stock, however no spare mags)

Stu
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Re: S&T 1903 Springer!

Postby Tin » Fri May 29, 2015 9:30 pm

I have been holding off getting the gas one for some reason and am so glad I did. I have ordered one too. I will write a mini review once it arrives. :good:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Fri May 29, 2015 11:13 pm

Wait a second :shock:
A spring airsoft rifle with the mag in the correct place? How'd they get round the need for a long cylinder in the bolt?

However they've done it, it looks far better than hidden mags coming out of forestocks :happyswing:
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Sat May 30, 2015 7:58 am

I think it uses a similiar setup to the Zeta Labs mosin in terms of Air cocking system. But will also post a review when it arrives :)

Stu
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Sat May 30, 2015 8:28 am

I hope the reviews are good!
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
slick63
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby slick63 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:37 am

It looks very nice, but at £175 in Asia I hate to think what the cost will be when/if it ever reaches these shores. Having said that, despite a few rumblings from the purists, imho it could be used as a simple generic bolt action for WW2 airsoft, something which is missing from the scene at the moment.
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Sat May 30, 2015 11:37 am

If had already bought an SMLE the other day I'd be on it like a car bonnet. Not that I'm complaining as I love the smle but I do agree that it could be good as a generic rifle.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Sat May 30, 2015 3:43 pm

slick63 wrote:It looks very nice, but at £175 in Asia I hate to think what the cost will be when/if it ever reaches these shores. Having said that, despite a few rumblings from the purists, imho it could be used as a simple generic bolt action for WW2 airsoft, something which is missing from the scene at the moment.

With the 11% discount, 7 additional mags, shipping, VAT and the Handling fee which you will always pay on a import it will work out for me to be £320 (give or take a fiver) to my door. But thats a bolt action with 200 rounds, and no consumables apart from BB's!

If someone in the UK did start stocking these (Or the EU) there could be some savings to be had, but I dont think its a bad price now. Concidering the Tanaka / PPS K98 your looking at the same sort of price with only an extra 2-3 mags. (33 / 44 rounds in total)

But it is the first springer and with a little elbow greae it could easily look like a k98. As the boys down at old springfield did get a nasty lawsuit using that lovely mauser bolt. :giggle: But let me or Tin do a review first as it may be dog shit! :rofl:

Stu :good:
dadio

Postby dadio » Sat May 30, 2015 5:33 pm

I would say that it could be the answer in terms of conversion for a spring k98 ,if it fits the 1903 it will fit in a k98 just as well ,I wonder if parts will be sold separatly as it would be an expensive thing to use as a donor gun for a dboys conversion .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
droopaille
First Posting
First Posting

Postby droopaille » Sat May 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Springfield 1903 A3 from S&T spring version

Wood and metal (zamac)
Magazine : 25bbs
Lenght : 1120mm
Weight : 3,740Kg
Spring, manual bolt
Hopup on the right side

-average 390fps O,20 BBs
-wood good quality same as kar pps (need to sand with oil a bit)
-marking "made in China" on the trigger guard ??!!? (easy to remove)
-the rear ring is too small for the leather sling

Based on the VSR 10 mecanism with specific magazines

Magazines are stranges, need to push far inside the stock.

Trapdoor closed.

They are also too long for put it in a Garand or Springfield belt. But we can use a 1911 magazine pouch.

The Hopup system is too soft.

I made a custom system with a screw which push on the top. With a aluminium base.

I will make a thing for stocking the allen key on the stock.

The piece I made for the scope.

But it exists.

Mine with its friends

slick63
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby slick63 » Sun May 31, 2015 8:44 am

Very nice, glad to see it`s got a VSR mechanism. Looks like the manufacturers actually put some thought into this boltie for a change to make it practical. :good:
Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Sun May 31, 2015 10:06 am

Some good info there :good:

droopaille wrote:
But it exists.

Where did you source the mount?

(My google foo seems weak at the moment and I can only seem to find modern picatinny rails or mounts placed too far forward)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Sun May 31, 2015 11:32 am

Scratch that, have ordered one of these. Worth a punt for the price:

http://www.bbdragon.com.tw/product_info ... ts_id/4231
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Sun May 31, 2015 4:43 pm

Tin wrote:Scratch that, have ordered one of these. Worth a punt for the price:

http://www.bbdragon.com.tw/product_info ... ts_id/4231

Nice although I am feeling poor right now, so mine will have to hold off for a while. P.S let me know if it fits! :good:
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Sun May 31, 2015 4:45 pm

And a big thanks to droopaille who has done a nice review. :good:

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”