S&T 1903 Springer!

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
droopaille
First Posting
First Posting

Re: S&T 1903 Springer!

Postby droopaille » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:28 pm

my hop up modification is very practical.
I had to adjust on the field this morning and it is very fast and effective. I recommend it.
You don't have to make it as complicated as mine. Just one hole and a screw.
Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Yes, I think a nut, glued into a recess and a long grub screw would be fine. I will see how it shoots first though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
droopaille
First Posting
First Posting

Postby droopaille » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Tin
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:55 pm

While looking for a sling, I found this. I have plenty but this seems a reasonable price

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-GB
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
oddball
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby oddball » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:13 am

Problem I have is EVIKE don't like to deal with AFRA members and remove any shipping guarantee they would normally offer.

EDIT
This rifle is getting a bad slagging on EVIKE over the bolt and mag feed.

Watch VidImage
Free speech is expensive these days!
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:53 am

My leather sling wouldnt fit in the rear sling loop attached to the rear of the stock. So i ordered a real steel one from the states. It fits perfectly in the hole and i can now use my "fat" leather sling.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
droopaille
First Posting
First Posting

Postby droopaille » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Make it yourself, it is not difficult.

ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Has anyone had a go at changing the standard parts with aftermarket parts?

Looking at the cylinder it seems to be different to the rest.

Any help would be greatly be appreciated.

Cheers
Stu :good:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
askhati
Veteran
Veteran

Postby askhati » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:30 am

I recently tried to field my M1903 at a game, and ran into two big problems:

1) The bolt locked in place. I had just cocked it and pushed it forward and down, leaving the handle down. Trigger was immobilized, and would not fire/discharge. Then, the bolt also refused to budge - the handle would not rotate up, to not even mention pulling it back again. I flipped both of the safeties to make sure it wasn't their influence, but no luck - the bolt was stuck and completely immobilized.

I ended up forcing the handle up through brute force, at which point a small piece of pot iron came out from between the bolt and the receiver when I then pulled the bolt back. Here's the odd thing: the gun still cycled and fired perfectly afterwards! No hassles, and it hasn't lock up again... *fingers crossed*

2) The BB's would not feed out of the magazine. My first thoughts were dust, or low-quality BB's (coarse surfaces sticking) - but neither are the problem (mag is still brand new and clean). The BB's just don't want to feed out of the mag once they have been pushed in via speedloader - they appear to get stuck inside the double-stack tube, and then simply sit there even when you pull the retention lip back. The old "slap on the bottom of the mag" also doesn't work - those BB's need a proper poking with a small screwdriver before they consider moving again.

Has anyone else ran into any of these problems?
raffles
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby raffles » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:06 pm

What brand of bb's are you using?
oddball says -
A good spuding it's Welsh Sharia Law
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby ww2stu » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:43 pm

askhati wrote:2) The BB's would not feed out of the magazine. My first thoughts were dust, or low-quality BB's (coarse surfaces sticking) - but neither are the problem (mag is still brand new and clean). The BB's just don't want to feed out of the mag once they have been pushed in via speedloader - they appear to get stuck inside the double-stack tube, and then simply sit there even when you pull the retention lip back. The old "slap on the bottom of the mag" also doesn't work - those BB's need a proper poking with a small screwdriver before they consider moving again.

Has anyone else ran into any of these problems?

I have had the magazine issue. Some speed load fine others i feed with the hand. I think the QC on the mags isn't that great. Hand feeding the bb's in and only putting in around 20 and I havent had an issue again.
askhati
Veteran
Veteran

Postby askhati » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:10 am

raffles wrote:What brand of bb's are you using?

I tried ICS, King Arms and G&G - same jamming effect on all three.
raffles
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby raffles » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:13 am

Hmm, I had a similar issue with some of my k98 mags but that was caused by outsized bb's. Before I spotted that issue I did strip the mag feeds down and polish them out with a dremel till they were smooth. I noticed the springs were still quite strong and may have been holding the bbs too firmly against the top of the feed so I left them loaded with bbs for a few days to lessen their strength a bit Then I hit the feed tube with a Teflon lubricant spray. This dries onto the surfaces and won't transfer to the bbs and on into the hop unit.
While this didn't fix my problem it did help, it might be something to try with your mags.
oddball says -
A good spuding it's Welsh Sharia Law
Dave1
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Dave1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:05 pm

Old thread revival alert!

So how is everyone getting on with there ST M1903A3 ? Have any of you upgraded or changed parts for VSR parts? I ask because I am the proud owner of the GG M1903A4, which I use in sniper role, I get a real buzz out of using a bolt action.

I was thinking of getting a ST M1903A3 so that I could do a WW1 or WW2 impression with a bolt action that fires at 350fps. So I could use it at any range. I know the M1903A3 was not used in WW1, I would change the stock and rear site if I go that route.

Really I just wondered if you have changed any parts and if so what? Or if the rifles you guys own are all now broken?

Dave
askhati
Veteran
Veteran

Postby askhati » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:29 am

Mine has been a wall-hanger for more than a year now - just haven't had the time to sort out the issues with it yet.

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”