Possible sniper wants to know a good rifle

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Greywolf17
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Possible sniper wants to know a good rifle

Postby Greywolf17 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking into doing a sniper kit list for events but haven't decided whether to go for a British or German effect. What are people's experiences with a No 4 or K98? Also what are the rules on snipers e.g on your own, with a spotter or integral with a squad?
Many thanks

Josh
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Possible sniper wants to know a good rifle

Postby dadio » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:03 pm

There are a few options in the way of kar98's Tanaka ,G+G and PPS ,the overall quality of the Tanaka is best but only if you want to just use it as a sniper rifle as they tend to be around the 500fps mark ,the PPS is a direct Tanaka clone with the addition of fully adjustable fps , I'm not fond of the G+G ,the wood finish chipps off and even the low power mags tend to be over 350fps .
Shoot and scoot do the only sensible No4's but there's a wait involved on ordered .
The next thing to think about is the whole sniper role in ww2 air soft game's ,very few games will have a dedicated sniper role in the game plan and going off and doing your own thing is not encouraged as the games are coriagraphed throughout the day and being part of a unit under orders is part of the experience ,most of use choose to use our rifles at the sub 350fps with no minimum engagement distance ,most games have dramatically prohibitive ammo limits (200 to 300 rnd per life) that reduce the advantage of aeg's ,this is all done to encourage rifle use as that was what most soldiers used in Ww2 .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Greywolf17
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Greywolf17 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. Do you know any websites that sell the PPS version?
Also what would a ICS M1 garand be like with a German sniper set up, could it work as i know someone who could be selling one?
dadio

Postby dadio » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Khmountain has the PPS in stock. If your starting from scratch and you like the m1 garand then maybe an American load out would best ,the only issue with American is the games are not as common(Germans faught everybody so always get to play) and you have to win the war ,would be a shame to compromise from the beginning but I don't think anybody would complain about using a Garland with a German aload out as it's acceptable as a looks like a G43 .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ImageImageImage
Greywolf17
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Greywolf17 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:47 pm

I do have a German and a American set up at the moment so I can do both allies and axis
dadio

Postby dadio » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Sounds like your set then ,get the Garand and book on a game asap but best check about being a designated sniper with the organizers .
armoury

ImageImageImage
Greywolf17
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Greywolf17 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Ok thanks I'll get in touch with him about, thanks for the help
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:57 pm

As above, the specifics of 'snipers' will vary from one game to another. Josh /Gunman has a designated marksman role in his games, but as dadio says, most WW2 games are about team play and missions, not much scope for dedicated sniper teams to go off an do their own thing and any kills they may generate are largely pointless.

Loads of us use rifles of one sort or another anyway, but generally at sub 350 as anything which needs an MED is a complete pita and requires people to do daft stuff like pull out pistols when they get 'too close', which may be fine for open days but isn't very WW2.

Some organisers pitch things more towards rifles. Some don't.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”