AGM MP40.

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran

AGM MP40.

Postby Siggi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Looks like I'm buying one of these from Dog Green here on the forums. I've looked up loads of reviews and it seems decent enough but not for extended regular use unless it's heavily dealt with (I've read the excellent upgrade thread here already). It's intended use will be solely for the WW2 events posted here (where Ppsh41s aren't allowed).

Yay or nay? :giggle:
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: AGM MP40.

Postby Granger » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:00 pm

My mp40 is one of my favourite guns to use in ww2 or skirmishing, especially once I added in an ak47 hop unit and tightbore barrel.

Go for it, especially if it's for ww2 use as you can use it most games. Early war, late war, looted Russian or even looted British!
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Siggi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Cheers Granger. Is everything else on it stock? How many rounds do you reckon you've put through it (if stock)?
Granger
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Granger » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:20 pm

I've got an sp100 spring, spring guide with bearings and a sector delay clip. Also I did the standard compression tests and mods. Probably close to 10,000 rounds through it ow and it's still going strong.
Regards,

Ralph

Image Image ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Siggi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Sounds like the gearbox is pretty robust. Thanks for the info dude. :)
Bunker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bunker » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:15 pm

My mp40 is just stock and i think I need to put a new barrel in it to give it a little bit extra range. I bought it off a friend really cheap so an upgrade should be long overdue . Also contacting dog green 1 (Chris) is better going on Facebook as he is on it more. His arias group where he sells guns is called GunTechCustomPaint. Nice battling with you on Darkest hour :D
Hope this helps , Niall
ImageImageImage

Gott mit uns - Yeah got mittens mate

Heia Safari - http://www.heiasafari.com/
Tarnish
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tarnish » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:35 am

The AGM MP40 is a fantastic, fun little AEG. I've done no upgrades to mine as such other than a full strip, clean and re-lubricate. I also removed the selector switch on the left hand side of the body, filled in the hole and painted it to a similar "Bakelite" effect and adjusted the gearbox to be full auto only. It's been going great for about eight years or so.
-Marc-
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
4th Wilts LHG

WW2 armoury: WA M1911A1 SCW, TM M1A1 TSMG, AGM STEN Mk2, AGM MP40, S&S M1 Garand.
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Siggi » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks guys, I've gone ahead and completed the purchase with Dog Green and ordered three spare mags elsewhere. I already have the mag-pouches from years back when I thought they'd accept Thompson mags (they didn't). :good:
MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:31 pm

The AGM MP40 is a nice gun, bought mine second hand six years ago, stock. Eventually the motor burned out so I got the full upgrade the Firesupport do (new pretty much everything barrel, hop, cylinder, motor) which has turned it into a different gun.

You don't put anything like as many rounds through these things at WW2 games as you do at open days, so they last a long time.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hänschen klein

Postby Hänschen klein » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Siggi wrote:Looks like I'm buying one of these from Dog Green here on the forums. I've looked up loads of reviews and it seems decent enough but not for extended regular use unless it's heavily dealt with (I've read the excellent upgrade thread here already). It's intended use will be solely for the WW2 events posted here (where Ppsh41s aren't allowed).

Having had a AEG MP40 for over 5 years Do not think this is a Modern Skirmish gun where you will be putting White Lasers down them with Box mags. As already has been pointed out they are for WW2 games. You will probably only put 5% through them in an entire day that you would on an open day . Not really a need to upgrade them until they go wrong, thats the time to muck around with them. :good:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
fremsley
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby fremsley » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:42 pm

I bought mine second hand and it was OK, but I wanted a bit more after upgrading my Sten and SLR. So this is what a nice man fitted in it
Ali cylinder head £9.95
Shs cylinder £12.50
Shs lightweight piston £12.50
bearing piston head £16.45
Sorbo pad AOE correction £7.50
16:1 ratio gears £22.50
6mm bearings £9
Re wire £5

ACCURACY
Tight bore barrel £25.50
Lonex hop £5.60

MOTOR
Lonex a2 short motor £55.99

Its rather pokey now!
I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bunker
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bunker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:00 pm

fremsley wrote:I bought mine second hand and it was OK, but I wanted a bit more after upgrading my Sten and SLR. So this is what a nice man fitted in it
Ali cylinder head £9.95
Shs cylinder £12.50
6mm bearings £9
Re wire £5

ACCURACY
Tight bore barrel £25.50
Lonex hop £5.60

MOTOR

Its rather pokey now!

Where did you get that done?
ImageImageImage

Gott mit uns - Yeah got mittens mate

Heia Safari - http://www.heiasafari.com/
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Siggi » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:46 pm

Hänschen klein wrote:
Siggi wrote:Looks like I'm buying one of these from Dog Green here on the forums. I've looked up loads of reviews and it seems decent enough but not for extended regular use unless it's heavily dealt with (I've read the excellent upgrade thread here already). It's intended use will be solely for the WW2 events posted here (where Ppsh41s aren't allowed).

Having had a AEG MP40 for over 5 years Do not think this is a Modern Skirmish gun where you will be putting White Lasers down them with Box mags. As already has been pointed out they are for WW2 games. You will probably only put 5% through them in an entire day that you would on an open day . Not really a need to upgrade them until they go wrong, thats the time to muck around with them. :good:

I've bought it exclusively for these WW2 events. :)
fremsley
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby fremsley » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:09 pm

Bunker wrote:
fremsley wrote:I bought mine second hand and it was OK, but I wanted a bit more after upgrading my Sten and SLR. So this is what a nice man fitted in it
Ali cylinder head £9.95
Shs cylinder £12.50
6mm bearings £9
Re wire £5

ACCURACY
Tight bore barrel £25.50
Lonex hop £5.60

MOTOR

Its rather pokey now!

Where did you get that done?

A chap that attends our local site at EAG Worthing. He did my Sten and SLR. Fantastic work.
I'm a hero with coward's legs.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stonewall
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Stonewall » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Just got one of these myself this week. So am looking forward to sorting kit out.

Need to familiarise myself with the MP40. Though tbh think off to a great start as I stripped and put together the fore, barrel, body with no instructions. Fires beautifully, so now to acquaint myself with it's limitations.

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”