RWA Lee enfield

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
WillG
First Posting
First Posting

Re: RWA Lee enfield

Postby WillG » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:27 am

Hi All,

Had mine repaired and then suddenly feeding stopped.
Please everyone carefully think before you purchase as it is a lot of money.
I truly do not recommend the rifle, it is poorly manufactured . The bolt is inconsistent, the feeding is inconsistent even the colour is inconsistent on some of them !

Everyone I know has sent them back. after they broke within the first day!
RWA are already planning to release new parts for it but guess what; they are not free.

If you want it as a showpiece/wallhanger fine but you may as well buy a Deactivated wartime Enfield for cheaper !

I bought a Well D69 and that is more reliable and consistent that the RWA N04, and its worth £60.

Me personally, I am going to wait for the release of the G&G N04 which they have confirmed is in the making.

Good luck to you all who currently own one, If you're not happy with it get your money back.
Image ImageImage Image
Callsign Deathstar
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby Callsign Deathstar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:29 pm

Good afternoon Gents,

I note that the last time the RWA No.4 was mentioned was some time ago.....and it was less than entirely highly rated !

Does anyone have any up-to-date insight into whether things have improved ? I note that they did a Mk2 version which, while allegedly sorting the bolt issues, also down powered it to 300fps which is hardly helpful for a supposed 'sniper' rifle ! However, I read some stuff on a Canadian site where OP had converted it to full on WWII sniper configuration and was very happy with it, said it functioned perfectly and there were no issues !

I'm also curious as to whether anyone knows about successfully up-powering them to get the full 450fps max for many uk sites ?

Cheers in advance :-)
Moss
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Moss » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:38 pm

Changing the spring would up the power, though effective enough range and accuracy can be had from a decent hop up and tightbore barrel.

A sub-350 rifle also means that you can use it without having to worry about a minimum engagement distance.
ImageImageImageImage
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:53 pm

While RWA Enfield is a nice looking piece of kit, it’s still not sorted mechanically. The only way to sort this is to get it done is not by the factory, but by after market means.
Either doing the upgrades yourself or getting someone to do it. I know that means more money, so personally I would build one from scratch, at least then you can put in what you want, not what a far away factory throws together.
Andy
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”