G&G Kar98.

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: G&G Kar98.

Postby dadio » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:41 pm

Sadly the G+G KAR98K is as has been mentioned ,overpowered for the WW2 scene ,the woodwork is laquered not stained and the laquer chips off leaving very blonde wood underneath .
Other than that its functionally relible but not as good as the PPS , the PPS really is worth holding out for ,its main virture other than being Tanaka compatible is that the power is fully adjustable from 140fps to 500fps ,the woodwork is also superior the the G+G ,properly stained and waxed .
You'd regret getting the G+G in the long run .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Siggi
Veteran
Veteran

Re: G&G Kar98.

Postby Siggi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:25 pm

I stripped all the wood on the Garand this afternoon, I used those sanding blocks and did it under running water. The wood is very pale but good quality with a nice grain and interesting darker patches (fortuitously a fair bit around the grip area, which will help making it look weathered with use when I do the staining).

Unforunately I had the thing lock up on me. I got the gearbox open and found an abomination of what's supposed to be the anti-reversal latch. The latch shares the shaft it's on with a spring and also has to be pinned on a certain side of a second post that is part of the shaft. The abomination is that there is so much free-play along the shaft the spring had forced the latch up so it was barely engaging the gears and twisted it along its axis so it had jammed the bevel. Upon taking everything apart and trying to re-assemble it I realised the top of the latch-shaft needed a shim (0.5mm) if the same lock-up wasn't going to happen again. Two hours trying to get it back together, then another one after realising it wasn't going to work anyway unless I fitted the shim (out of an ancient collection I have). I've watched a video of the gearbox of a G&G M14 being opened and closed and the latch assembly is identical. His didn't need a shim and neither did it need to be pinned down with a screwdriver while trying to get the gearbox shells closed. It took both hands of me and my wife to get it done. Absolute f**g nightmare.

But yeah, nice wood. :ghey:

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”