Spare parts for TM/Cybergun Thompsons

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Colosseum
Veteran
Veteran

Spare parts for TM/Cybergun Thompsons

Postby Colosseum » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi all -

Does anyone have any idea where to source replacement parts for the CYMA/TM Thompsons? I've managed to break the pot metal magazine release on my faithful old CYMA M1A1 (from 2010...) and instead of just tossing it, I'd like to try to fix it myself. I found only one site that seems to have anything in stock (http://www.airsoftgunrepair.com/thompso ... parts.html), but of course they're sold out of what I need.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ian
ww2stu
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Spare parts for TM/Cybergun Thompsons

Postby ww2stu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Have checked around all my usual places and have come up with nothing.

However gun repair does look like it has the part you need its on the Thompson upper receiver.

Stu
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bra1n
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Bra1n » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Colosseum
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Colosseum » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Funnily enough, right after I saw ww2stu's post I rechecked the airsoftgunrepair.com site and they had the mag release in stock. I ordered one last night. However - this morning when I went to check again out of curiosity, they were sold out again... :/ Maybe it was an April Fool's prank!

We'll see if I actually receive one. I don't particularly trust this website (something about it), and they never responded to my product inquiry anyway. Worst case I'll file a paypal claim - best case I get the part I need. ;) They also have full lower replacements in stock, which includes the mag release in case anyone else is interested.

I'll make sure to report how my experience goes for future reference.

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”