Springfield conversion

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: Springfield conversion

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 pm

I have stripped it down to fit new trigger box, new hop unit and tight bore barrel,......of course nothing fits!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Pics!
Attachments
IMG_0845.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:27 pm

A few more,
Attachments
IMG_0786.JPG
IMG_0784.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 pm

I haven't yet changed the bolt arm yet, I will try to make one from steel, (when the weather gets better) and try to copy magazine shut off and safety levers. Also trying to source something that looks like the firing pin pull, might try and use a drawer handle pull knob, if I can find one approx to size.
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:35 pm

More pics,
Attachments
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
Kelly
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby Kelly » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Thank you Elpus .
Good work!
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:40 pm

I hope the info helps,
A few more measurements, total length ( a bit longer than real steel) is 1140mm. width at receiver, 55mm. Width at butt stock end, 40mm. From receiver to muzzle, tapers down to 25mm width. In section, from butt plate to start of trigger guard, 335mm. From front of trigger guard( remember I used a Cyma 702 for this) to band and sling swivel 233mm. The stock has a little step there, for slim down, from that point to end of lower stock, 270mm.
Length of top hand guard is 355mm. Together with stock, height is about 80mm, about 20-25mm higher than real steel( because of hop, and magazine mount) from top of butt stock toward the receiver, the hand grip drop is 215mm, the hand grip area itself is about 40mm but not perfectly round, slightly flat topped.
Attachments
IMG_0783.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG
IMG_0732.JPG
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Lord Elpus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:53 pm

The colouring, was done with Colron's Dark Jacobean dye, water based. Two coats, if you do to much it will come out really dark! The darker bits around the metalwork parts is an oil colourant concentrate. I used that neat and just rubbed in until spread out was achieved. This stuff is "walnut oil stain" by polyvine. Try www.polyvine.com.
Then a couple of coats of raw linseed oil to give a bit of a sheen, when it gets knocked about a bit and the light wood shows through, I just touch in with the oil colourant.
Andy
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Very nice work, chap!
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”