New type barrel

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

New type barrel

Postby Lord Elpus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Taino Kobe twistbore's were mentioned in a thread about Cyma M1 carbines, but have just found an advert for " rifled airsoft barrels"
Found in an airsoft magazine , called 0'20.
www.arrowy-flier.com in Taiwan.
Andy
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Lord Elpus
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Re: New type barrel

Postby Lord Elpus » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:53 am

Found the actual advert in magazine....at last!
Attachments
IMG_0181.JPG
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: New type barrel

Postby dadio » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 pm

These have been around for years and years , testing has shown that to get a better than smooth barrel performance you have a fairly narrow performance window , length of barrel ,BB weight and FPS all have to be just right .
The rifling is not intended to touch the BB but cause a vortex in the barrel that more consistently centres the BB in the barrel , just like all airsoft barrels the BB should float down the barrel supported all around by a cushion on air passing the BB .
Thats why beyond a certain limit tight bore barrels don't work because the BB will start to touch the barrel , there's even huge debate over whether a wider bore barrel is more accurate .
It's the air passing the BB down the spiral grooves that is supposed to be better at balancing the flight path down the barrel , it's function is not intended to produce a spin on the BB although it might .
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”