Which weapon?

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Wepar von Zlikowski
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Which weapon?

Postby Wepar von Zlikowski » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:08 pm

Thank you very much, I think I will wait for Thompson, I saw some retailers that still have them.
TARPEY
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TARPEY » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Ok, looking forward to Operation Mist. i'm borrowing a gun for that but after that hope to purchase my own soon after. I'm kitting out 101st airbourne 506th company to begin with. Which of these guns would you go for. I know alot of you swear by the thompson, which is where i'm leaning but these other guns look tasty too

1) Dboyi Mauser Kar 98 *Real Wood* £130ish (I know it's a german gun, and i'm meant to be airborne, but it looks bloody fantastic) 330fps

2) AGM M14 Woodstock £120ish (320fps)

3) Cyma M1A1 Thompson £140ish (Good all-rounder)
350fps
4) AGM MP001 VSR10 Woodstock (spring) £70ish (How good are spring rifles? Is this gun suitable for WWII?) 400fps

cheers for the advice

see ya on the 14th
PRIVATE TARPEY (charlie squad)

ImageImage
imp1864
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby imp1864 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:00 pm

The KAR 98 really only does 260/280FPS, but its good for a doner gun. Personally out of all of them I'd go with the thompson.
ImageImageImage
Wraith666
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Wraith666 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:19 pm

I've just received my D-boys K98k and am very satisfied with the gun, I need to test fire it yet but the workings are great, as well as the spent caseing ejection, just got to police your brass before you move on
"Will you stop talking about the war!!"
"What, you started it!"
"We did NOT start it!"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland..."

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
imp1864
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby imp1864 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:55 pm

cosmeticly its a very nce gun. but I have one and fired 2 others and they all have very low FPS. Mines is going to get gutted and converted into using a BAR10. there is a thread on here with a few fixes to up the FPS on them. A tight barrel would be a start.
ImageImageImage
biguk
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby biguk » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:36 pm

Choosing your first gun is very much like making love to a beautiful women.

The Dboys K98 can be used as a "captured" weapon. I've heard they are a good choice and look very nice too. They aren't the most powerful of choices, it might be worth looking at the new Dboys Gas K98.

Cyma M14, Id go for the AGM over the cyma, if they are still available. They are powerful and can take alot of abuse. They can also both be converted into an AEG garand.

The Thompson is prolly your best option, although they are a little "Hot" out of the box (FPS is too high to legally skirmish) and may required a downgraded spring.

I wouldn't recommend a sniper rifle as your first gun. You'll spend less time in the thick of things, and more time at the back of the battleground.
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Lardassmonkey » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:07 pm

D-boys Kar98 aren't really very practical as a skirmishing weapon.They lack power and accuracy plus you need alot of shells to make it usuable and you'll be worried about using them.

An AEG is undoubtedly the best choice for your first gun, they tend to be less tempremental and are more versatile.

Lots of people swear by Thompsons and they are undoubtedly great guns. I can't really comment as I don't own one.

I do have an AGM M14 however which I think is great, good range and accuracy without being hot out of the box. May not be ww2 but fits in fine with the look-a-like rules and l you have the option of turning it into and M1 later on like big says. I do believe however the CYMA is the best option for an M1 conversion as they've reportedlt eliminated the fire selector promblem you get on AGMs. Just remember at CiA games they have to be used on semi-auto only.

Anyway you can't go wrong with either, just choose which you think suits your style.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby JD7 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:50 pm

Lardassmonkey wrote:Lots of people swear by Thompsons and they are undoubtedly great guns.

I swear at getting hit by them
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:05 pm

JD7 wrote:
Lardassmonkey wrote:Lots of people swear by Thompsons and they are undoubtedly great guns.

I swear at getting hit by them

The Cyma's are a bit hot out of the box. I've fired a couple of thousand rounds through mine and it's still mildly warm at a nadge under 350fps.
Falcone

Postby Falcone » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:11 pm

My turn... I'm really having trouble deciding on either the Marushin M1 Carbine (Not the single-shot version) or a Marushin M1 Garand. I like them both but I'm looking for the more practical one, that said the Marushin M1 Carbine has a 15 round mag, doesn't require you to pull out your can of gas to load it into the gun, is lighter (Especially when I make it an M1A1) and is relatively powerful. Now the green gas capable Garand has an 8 round clip, requires you to load the gas into the rifle itself, ejects it's clips when expended, and is relatively powerful and accurate when the hop up is adjusted. I have no experience with either so I was hoping to get some insight from you gentlemen. Thanks.
Devonshire Trooper
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Devonshire Trooper » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:14 am

From reviews I have read I would not recomend either of them, they are not the most practical, cost effective or reliable guns and are far from decent skirmish weapons, mor of models plinking guns not skirmish weapons, because theres the cost of gas the fact they fire 8mm they arnt particularly accurate or have a decent FPS and on the garand you would ahve to pick up the cartrage every 8 rounds, if you realy want a garand get an converted M14 Garand, if you want a reliable first gun get a Thompson and for an M1 Carbine I would wait for the S&S AEG ones to be made.
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:45 am

I beg to differ on the accuracy... they seemed pretty good when I tried them.

However because the bbs are so heavy, minimum of .34g, to get inside site legal limits for semi auto you end up with very slow fps on the garrand.

With the carbine this is less of a problem, but the M1 carbine should be a gun for close work, not the sniper rifle that the bb weight makes it. Hence the short barrel is a problem.

I am looking to get an M1 carbine at some point, but it'll be one of the S&S AEG ones most likely.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

biguk
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby biguk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 am

I've recently bought a Marushin M2 carbine (semi-auto), which is a great gun. I've not had the weather to fully test it, being winter so the temperatures aren't very kind to the gas, so its definatly a summer gun. From the limited testing ive done its a great gun. I wouldn't suggest it as a primary weapon or a first weapon.
Last edited by biguk on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcone

Postby Falcone » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Well I already have a TM Thompson, I'm just looking for something interesting to have that maybe, just maybe I could use on the field.
Devonshire Trooper
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Devonshire Trooper » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Actualy now I think back webby had a marisunin M1 Carbine and that fired very well.

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”