MP44 Projects

A place to discuss WW2 airsoft guns.
Arnhem Knight
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Re: MP44 Projects

Postby Arnhem Knight » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Artifically weathering weapons good idea or not especially on a Sturmgewehr 44?
" O The Wild Charge They Made"
All The World wondered.
" Honor The Charge They Made"

When Can Their Glory Fade.
dadio
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby dadio » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:12 pm

if you want it to look 70 years old then it looks good but for ww2 airsoft they want to look 1 or 2 years old so in pretty good shape, its hard to get you'r head around the fact that this kit would have been nearly brand new at the time we are trying to emulate.
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
Give me a big enough hammer and a place to stand and I could fix the world.
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all
if a job's not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Poacher » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:25 pm

I have a '44 dated MP43 that looks almost brand new.
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
Bayonet Wound
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Bayonet Wound » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Many StG 44 at the end of the war were very roughly finished by normal firearms standards, many hadn't had their bluing applied or because the parts were manufactured by different companies then some parts had bluing applied and others were bare metal or chemically treated.

On a separate note a few thousand StG 44s have been seen in shipping containers in Syria (jammy gits lol).

I've recently bought an AGM StG 44, so far i've stained the stock and will apply an oil finish in a few days time. Buying this gun is the reason i'm getting back into airsoft after a few years. Should i keep the matt black finish or try to strip it and apply a bluing effect coating? I'm not bery experienced with this type of thing and staining the stock is the first wood work i've done since Design and Texhnology in Sixth Form :D

Being my first post i would like to say hi to everyone
dadio

Postby dadio » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:17 pm

the main body of the gun takes chemical black really well ,the stamped fore grip is a plated steel and is harder to get a good finish on but worth the effort.the one part that is a pain is the gas tube above the barrel, this is a brass tube and wont take most blacking methods ,however i found that a chemical found in art shops called liver of sulfur will give a good colour although not too permanent but easy to re apply.it is a time consuming process and takes a little practice to get a nice finish with ally blacking chemicals, i found that once the paint is removed that a rubbing down with wire wool to remove any surface imperfections and oxidization directly before applying the chemical, work in a small area as it must be removed with water almost immediately or it just goes sooty then move to the next area.you need to work fast ,i found a wet cloth was easiest to stop the reaction ,once the whole body is done then go over again to even out any colour differences.it really is trial and error so don't expect to get it right straight away.
armoury
m1a1 Thompson,sten mk2,mp40,stg44,sterling,mk2 bren gun,lee Enfield no4 mk1,Mauser Kar98, Walther ppk,smith and Weston m10 and Mauser m712
i'll kill a man in a fair fight or if i think he's going to start a fair fight or over a woman or.......
a problem shared is a problem halved ,but an advantage shared is no advantage at all

ImageImageImage
Bayonet Wound
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Bayonet Wound » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Cheers dadio

Has anyone experienced any miss-feeding or double feeding and know of a rectification?

Also what spring is recommended to make it 350fps or less. Out of the box i know its way to powerful

Cheers
dadio

Postby dadio » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:30 am

the internals are standard version 2 gearbox , i have not come across a double feed issue but its probably needing a new hop rubber.either an m100 spring for around 330fps or an m110 for around 350fps but it might still be over 350 with the m110 so worth checking before a game to avoid disappointment, or just fit the m100 as you will barely miss the difference in power.
armoury

ImageImageImage
Bayonet Wound
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Bayonet Wound » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Cheers, the M100 arrived today, with another mag and a smart charger. I've been browsing at what other's have done to their's and one guy basically made it look completely real, it even had waffenamt stampings. i don't think i'll be modifying the selector, pistol grips, or adding stamps. Not yet any way :)
Bayonet Wound
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Bayonet Wound » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Pete_59 wrote:Inspired by heffalump51, ( viewtopic.php?t=258&start=60 ), I started on my MP44, still lots to do but here's a picture of all the bits laid out to get an idea of what it's going to look like.

Just got to wait my turn for one of Warrens front ends :wink:

The way it is in this pic it looks like it could be a StG 45 aka Gerat 06(H) :)
Bayonet Wound
Just Out of Training
Just Out of Training

Postby Bayonet Wound » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Tried replacing the spring to downgrade it and i made a right mess of it, long story short i need a new spur gear, i wish i hadn't bothered :(, lesson learned, get someone else to do it
Inkall
First Posting
First Posting

Postby Inkall » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Oh man that sucks Bayonet, hope you've got it all fixed up again.

The second hand ASG/AGM I bought recently just arrived, it had already been weathered and it looks amazing, though possibly a little too weathered to be wartime accurate that said I suppose it's possible for a gun to have a hard life and the outside to get beat up super fast if it is poorly looked after or unlucky.

I suppose I could always get some brush on krylon paint and add a little back in if I really feel like it but I'll see how things go for now.

My first two ports of call on it are internal though, seeing if I can figure out a way to get a 9.6v stick to fit in it the thing, it is about 1cm too long and of course I'd rather it wasn't really tightly forced in incase it damages connectors or wires. The other thing is working out why the gun won't go into safe, the switch is stiff as hell and fully forward is full auto, middle is semi (difficult to set it to with the stiff switch as it takes a lot of force to move and will jump straight past that middle setting) and fully back is ALSO full auto.

I know having the safety working isn't critical, it's my own job to make sure my finger is nowhere near the trigger when it shouldn't be but it's nice to know one is there.
oxo123uk
Raw Recruit
Raw Recruit

Postby oxo123uk » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:00 am

my continuous project .. :)
Attachments
40097788_298265034285229_3359909510721306624_n2.jpg

Return to “WW2 Airsoft Weapons”