Chit-chat thread, Q&A, general interest

A Sand Box WW2 game to be held at Lincolnshire Airsoft Club, Kirton Lindsey, Manby, Lincs.
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: Chit-chat thread, Q&A, general interest

Postby dieselmonkey » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:35 am

Yith wrote:Nope.. it had the 10 airsoft commandments in it.

I think the first few went like this.

1) Thou shalt take thy hits.
2) Thou shalt take thy hits.
3) Thou shalt take thy hits.
4) Thou shalt not cheat call.

etc...

They probably stole those, too. Pair of magpies at that game, dragging everything back to the CP. :lol:
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 am

Well someone did... that was all that was in the ark as far as I'm aware.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:54 am

There was also a trip mine designed to 'kill' everyone who was near it when it was opened. But it didn't go off. :slap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
webby
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby webby » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:58 am

Something to do with Oldsweat not loading the BFG? hehe
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Out of interest, any provisions being made for the inclusion of Italian forces who were part of the DAK Assault Group and present at Kasserine?

Most notably the 5th Bersaglieri Regiment.
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Sorry, no. We're sticking at US 1st Div versus DAK.

If we have need for an Italian NPC in a scenario we may ask, but it's unlikely and not planned at the moment.

Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Yith wrote:Sorry, no. We're sticking at US 1st Div versus DAK.

If we have need for an Italian NPC in a scenario we may ask, but it's unlikely and not planned at the moment.

No prob, I fully understand that you want to keep it "uniform" but my point is that the Italian forces were an intergrated part of the DAK at Kasserine and were commited along side the german forces in the battle.

"portions of the Centauro Division, including the 5th Bersaglieri Regiment, were incorporated into the DAK Assault Group. This unit was a typical ad hock formation of the time for the Axis, composed of 53 panzers from the DAK 15th Panzer Division, 23 M-14 tanks from Centauro, 2 Italian artillery battalions, two of the three light infantry battalions of the 5th Bersaglieri Regiment, and a group of attached Italian Semoventi assault guns."
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Yes, but we're trying to simulate platoon level tactics and hence we shouldn't really have a couple of bersaglieri inside a DAK squad?

They'd still fight in their own units, not side-by-side in the same one.

Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Fair enough mate!

Pete_59
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Pete_59 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Besides which, as far as I know I'm the only person to portray bersaglieri in CiA and 1 of only 2 Italians who turned up for the Husky game, and the other guy hasn't been seen or heard of since, so even if it was opened up for Italians I don't think you'd get any takers especially as I'm intending to go Yank for this one.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:40 pm

For goodness' sake, when is anyone going to put on an event where I can wear my Sikh Flak gunner uniform??!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Sgt.Heide

Postby Sgt.Heide » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Steiner wrote:For goodness' sake, when is anyone going to put on an event where I can wear my Sikh Flak gunner uniform??!!

Probably in the new year. :whistle: :rofl:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Steiner wrote:For goodness' sake, when is anyone going to put on an event where I can wear my Sikh Flak gunner uniform??!!

I did consider a Sikh British Indian Army impression, as it's the only legitimate one where i can get away with my hair!

Mind you, then i've got the opposite problem of not being able to grow the requisite beard! :lol:
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Guess I will have to think of some other excuse to get an Italian loadout then :whistle: :lol:

Gadge

Postby Gadge » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 am

I'm toying with getting a look alike DAK loadout for this one.
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."

Return to “Kasserine Pass - Postponed”