DAK Kit Guide

A Sand Box WW2 game to be held at Lincolnshire Airsoft Club, Kirton Lindsey, Manby, Lincs.
Lardassmonkey
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: DAK Kit Guide

Postby Lardassmonkey » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Good info Imp. You may have saved me job. As one of the few DAK players out there it would be great to have you there :good:

Non standard kit is something that I intended to go into more detail on in terms of what will be allowed. We want the germans involved Heer only for the sake of unit identity and obviously it would be great to have 20 people kitted out in full DAK uniform but thats probably wishful thinking. Therefore bits of British, Italian and Luftwaffe kit are allowed to make it easier for people to get kitted out due to them often being used as Imp points says.
The key point however is not to over do it so that you don't start looking like a different unit entirely. I think keeping to a rule of 2/3rds standard to 1/3rd other clothing would be a good way to do it. E.g. If you have some LW tropical trousers you only need a Heer shirt or tunic and Heer headgear. If you have a Brit KD shirt then Heer trousers (or shorts) & headgear is all you need. I do think headgear should be kept standard though being often the most identifiable piece of kit.
If in doubt though, just ask. :good:

I shall draw dog green 1's attention to this game - he is able to get us Chen's stuff for the same price, but without the worry about customs charges on top.

Certainly worth asking as Chens stuff really is good.

Incidentally, Chen is also doing very nice looking M35 Stahlhelmen in sand colour.

Looks like it could be a little light to me but hard to tell in a photo. It would be ok anyway, alot better than some I've seen.

Oh and you've just caused me to find his Italian Camo tunics. Maybe I can afford my D&B uniform sooner than I thought? :happyclap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
imp1864
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby imp1864 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Cheer Lardy mate, sorry didn't mean to stick me nose in. I'm a bit passionate about DAK, which is probably why Its not finished yet. I'm trying to get it just right. Your spot on about trying to get it unified, just looks untidy otherwise. :good:
ImageImageImage
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:48 pm

No problem, any input is welcome. I hope we can be as untidily unified as possible as per the DAK standard. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
imp1864
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby imp1864 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:55 pm

:rofl: :happyclap:
ImageImageImage
Seanebabes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seanebabes » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-German-Army-M ... 5631f35d7f

I've had trousers off this chap and they were superb. Didn't hear from him for two or three weeks and then they turned up all lovely in the post no problem at all. Not had a jacket off him mind you. Prices are very nice, maybe worth a look.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
webby

Postby webby » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 pm

imp1864 wrote:Cheer Lardy mate, sorry didn't mean to stick me nose in.

knowledge is key Imp, helping people find what they need to look the part is top banana thanks :)
Poacher
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Poacher » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 am

Avoid tan coloured post war French zeltbahns, they are just that. Standard splinter was the issue. French shelter sections were used by the Germans, but they were not issue and were square/rectangular and more brown than tan.
aka Stigroadie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AFRA
better by design

"Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable. "
Peppered
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Peppered » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:07 am

Hi, so just to clarify for numpties like me.... DAK should be in olived green not tan for this? is HBTs ok? and are Lufty tan trousers and caps no good?
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 am

DAK clothing should be olive not tan yes. LW trousers would be ok if worn with Heer tunic/shirt & headgear but LW caps should be avoided really. HBTs would be ok if you're on a budget but again should be used sparingly.
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:14 am

Lardassmonkey wrote:DAK clothing should be olive not tan yes.

Does that go for cotton undershirts too?
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImage
Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 am

Yes the issue shirt was olive and meant to be worn with a tan tie, a practice that had long been abandoned by 1943. I'll probably be wearing a Brit KD shirt though. :whistle:
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Though most importantly - Where's the link to get those German short shorts from? :ghey:

webby

Postby webby » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:40 pm

who likes short shorts? ;)
Seanebabes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seanebabes » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Wladek wrote:Though most importantly - Where's the link to get those German short shorts from? :ghey:

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product.ph ... rps-shorts

Definitely... well, maybe if I do a lot of cycling in the mean time.
ImageImageImage
imp1864
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby imp1864 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:44 pm

webby wrote:who likes short shorts? ;)

We like short shorts :happydance:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Kasserine Pass - Postponed”