Kit you may find useful

Preparatory training for Op Jedburgh but open to all
Sgt.Heide
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Kit you may find useful

Postby Sgt.Heide » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Here's a list of some items you will find it useful to have for this event, in addition to your choice of uniform and belt kit. You don't have to buy any of it if you don't want to, as we're well aware money is tight for many at the moment. A "one between 2" ratio would be just as good and we'll do our best to have stuff to loan. So, don't worry if you don't have kit like ponchos, compass or knife, as there will be spares to go round (I've got 3 ponchos, 3 compasses, about a mile of paracord and about 5 knives!)

Compass (modern is fine, preferably in degrees but Mils is ok as well).
A good, sharp knife. Something like this is ideal http://www.camelotoutdoor.co.uk/product ... ucts_id=63 ,won't break the bank and looks more "period".(I recently bought one of these and it's "shaving" sharp, right out of the box!
Paracord or strong string. About 10M is fine, more would be better.
Notebook and pencil.
Poncho/cape/shelter half (modern is fine but no camo ones).
Small first aid kit. (Plasters, antiseptic cream/wipes, etc).
Insect repellent.
Small spirit stove/hexi burner.
Spoon.
24 hours worth of rations & water.
Mess tins & mug.

You don't need half a ton of stuff for this. Ideally, everything should fit in your pockets, webbing and pack (as it would for real). You also don't need a "reenactor" standard of kit, getting stuck in is far more important and, you'll be far too sweaty and dirty to be comparing stitch patterns!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
Sgt.Heide

Re: Kit you may find useful

Postby Sgt.Heide » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:37 pm

There's an SAS/Jedburgh kitlist up on the main "Operation Jedburgh" thread now. You'll see it's very flexible and gives you the opportunity to use kit you may not get to use very often, such as windproofs.

We'd suggest that, if you want to play the main event as a Jed, you pack it all for the training day, to experience what it's like to carry it all about and whether or not you're up to it, or need some time at the gym! If you're going as SAS, or a German, you could "economise"slightly.

For the training day, you don't have to rush out and buy period looking rucksacks. Any green rucksack/bergen will do (but no camo!) if you don't have a WW2 type at the moment.

Sgt.Heide

Re: Kit you may find useful

Postby Sgt.Heide » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:07 pm

As part of the training programme is pistol shooting, if you have a pistol, please bring it.

Also, please bring a change of clothing, the kit you wear for the training will get a bit dirty. We wouldn't want you driving home in filthy, wet and muddy kit!

Return to “Milton Hall Training School - 2nd May 2010”