How Was It?

A Sand Box WW2 game to be held at Fearful Silence Airsoft
JD7
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

How Was It?

Postby JD7 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Spill the beans, folks would like to hear the war stories, social stories and anything else :D
Sgt.Heide

Re: How Was It?

Postby Sgt.Heide » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Great fun. Loads of rifles being used, which was brilliant. Also, I didn't see or hear any :ghey: argy bargy or cheat calling and the sportsmanship was top notch. It rained a bit during the day but it didn't dampen anyone's spirits in the slightest. Everyone looked great too. The site was very lush and actually reminded more of Pelelieu or Guadalcanal than Southern France at times.

Big thanks to my section, who put up with my shouty approach to leadership and got stuck in and killed a hell of a lot of Germans in the process. Also, thanks to Tiny, for letting me "capture" his MG42 in one game, which I promptly gunned down 4 of his team mates with.

Good social too and nice to see old faces, new faces and long absent ones too :good:.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:39 pm

We travelled back through loads of bad weather, only to find it had been extremely sunny down south! :roll:

I really enjoyed this, learning to rifle - despite being sub-350, my K98 still had good range. Favourite kill of the day - Ranj right in the head! :lol:

I thought the Axis command structure was brilliant: Leutnant von Lip briefed the NCOs, and we in turn briefed our squads - it seemed very authentic. Thanks to my squad, who performed very well, and did all that was asked of them. Thanks especially to all the organisers, who did a great job. And also to Porta and Tiny, whose tales of army life never disappoint, or show any sign of running out! :D

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 am

Really good day!

It was great sneaking around in the morning, my favourite moment was sneaking up 10 feet behind a German lookout and slotting him with a single shot. :happyswing:

Really good gamesmanship and intense firefights as well as long periods of quiet sneakiness.

The site is really good and is the best place for a Pacific style event if/when that ever happens.

It was lovely to be able to play for a change!

HS
andrewdorset

Postby andrewdorset » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks guys, and gals, this was my first ever airsoft, and it was an eyeopener. Everyone looked the part and it felt atmospheric especially sneaking around in the first game looking for Gerry. The fire fights were great especially the attack on the fort at the end , charging against an MG 42. All in all great fun.
Tried to include some photos but are too big to post , any ideas ??
Gadge

Postby Gadge » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 am

Upload them to photobucket (you can have a free account) and either link the pics or use their image link (it will resize to a forum friendly size for you)
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
spiers
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby spiers » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:14 pm

Great day, great game, that MG42 was a bugger at the end. Looking forward to seeing the team photo.
Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who will fight!
General James M. Gavin

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
andrewdorset

Postby andrewdorset » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Right ,the images are on photobucket but can,t figure how to put them on the forum !! Bit of a numpty with puters i,m afraid, ....... ok with a Garand though !
Wladek
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Wladek » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:28 pm

you could always just copy the link to the photobucket site here so we can go have a look.

Hurrah
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hurrah » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:11 pm

I'm looking forward to the piccies, it is a shame that the french contingent I'm with could not make it due to clashes and lack transport.

To the tune of "Mademoiselle from Armentières"

Napoleons army ran away, As you do
The guard stood firm for Frances Pride, As you do
They said the guard will stand and die
But we heard what their Colonel cried
It wasn't pretty I tell you.

ImageImageImageImage
Resistance is fertile
Seanebabes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seanebabes » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Fantastic day... again! WWII airsoft, more fun than you can shake a stick at.
Knee doesn't seem to want to work today, had to take to my bed when I got home as the worst cold I've had in years seemed to suddenly overtake me (oddly I feel better this evening), but had a great time, thanks chaps.
Got a couple of pictures of the groups at the end, but sadly the rain has buggered them up a little, lots of big spots over them where there was water on the lens. I'll have a look and see if any are worthwhile.
Thanks again to all involved, especially you organiser bods.
ImageImageImage
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Iwanejko wrote:Overall - Brill day - thanks everyone - especially Steiner for the lending!!!

cheers
Rich

i thought you were a ww2airsoft veteran :shock: you certainly looked and played the part :good:

i had a brilliant day, great fun, and great games all day. the use of rifles was really good, our mg team was taking loads of sniper fire in the final assault, plenty of clangs on the gun mount. all 4 of the mg team were hit mediced then killed, and the german commander made a valliant dash to man the mg42, but alas, i died reloading, and the magazine fell out of the gun pit with me, von lips face was a picture as he was killed trying to reload the gun

the 250 mag on the mg 42 ran out so quick, and took about 30 to 40 seconds to reload and rewind, the americans soon realized this, and charged a few yards each time we stopped to reload. we were shitting it , hunkered down behind the gun , fingers fumbleing with bb`s, mag winders , mud and rain .. it seemed very accurate.

my tanka also ran like a dream, the bent barrel is no longer a worry, it shoots perfectly straight :good:

massive thanks to marsha, what a medic, i saw her crawl, under fire, at least 7 times to medic people who were wounded AND still under fire, no-one else dared to do it, but each time she did (i was mediced twice by her under such conditions)

and massive thats to lardass for the loan of kit for phil , (hope that mud didnt clog up the rifle) :good:

thanks to all the orginizers for a great day, and thanks to ALL the players for makeing the game a joy to be part of :good:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Seanebabes wrote: the worst cold I've had in years seemed to suddenly overtake me (oddly I feel better this evening), .

may have been hayfever, i was sneezeing like fook, and felt like i had a cold too, but today im fine,
yesterday had a massive pollen count according to the news
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Is any clever bod able to make a campaign medal? :)

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
Tiny
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Tiny » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Joseph Porta wrote:the 250 mag on the mg 42 ran out so quick, and took about 30 to 40 seconds to reload and rewind, the americans soon realized this, and charged a few yards each time we stopped to reload. we were shitting it , hunkered down behind the gun , fingers fumbleing with bb`s, mag winders , mud and rain .. it seemed very accurate.

Very true Porta. While it was a pain in the aris that the other 250round mag was nackered, it made it more fun to work with just one and have a co-gunner to help.

Sgt.Heide wrote: Also, thanks to Tiny, for letting me "capture" his MG42 in one game, which I promptly gunned down 4 of his team mates with.

'mi 42' is 'su 42' or however that saying goes. if im dead then the next guy picks it up! Was ace to see it firing from the 'other side of the fence'(literally in pete's case, as he had it resting on a fencing panel). Carrying that monster around all day was bloody hard work(as most people probaly heard me offering '50 dollars to carry the machine gun' kellys heroes style), but it was worth it for that last assault. By the way, whoever got that burst of automatic fire through the slit in the gunshield and into my fissog, it was a great. I actually let go of the MG and hit the deck in shock. Lol. Was funny to see von lip diving for the MG only to get slotted as he was putting the mag in, then seeing the yankees to get their hands on it and turn it on our position!!! I only wish i had a camera as the pics from down in that bunker would have been superb. Without a doubt one of the best days airsofting i've had.

Way to many good points to list, but a great big thank you to all who organised, participated, and helped to make the day what it was.

Tiny

p.s. spent over an hour stripping and cleaning the 42 today, scrubbing all the rust off and oiling it up! Real steel is good, but its a bugger when it rains...........
My Two Cents.....
Tiny

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"I'll show you 'ow the English knock the top off a egg"

Weapons:-
MP40
Dboys K98
MG42
Thompson
plus loads of other modern day crap

Return to “Dragoon Rising - 13th June 2010”