Jed Troops Information

Notes for troops - private area
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Jed Troops Information

Postby HeadShot » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:19 am

This is a re-hash of Heide's post but with relevant info for the Jeds

I'll get the "airsoft" stuff out of the way here, as I don't really want to be covering it at the event, so we can all be "in character" the second we leave the cars behind. We will operate in the standard 3-man Jedburgh teams. Information about the teams and the mission is contained in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=10745

If you haven't seen the kitlist, please have a look now and let us know if you're short of anything. Don't obsess about anal crap like badges, just make sure you've got adequate clothing, shelter, food & water, a weapon and something dry and warm to sleep in.

We will have to enter the battle zone by walking in from where we will park our cars and will be on the mission as soon as we are on the site. For this walk, you will need to carry everything you need for the full 24 hours, including sleeping and eating equipment and shelters. We will NOT return to the cars until endex, except for an emergency. Once we reach our first RV area, we will cache our bergens and get on with it.

Weapons - I recommend an smg for sheer firepower and practicality. We will be dramatically outnumbered and outgunned, so every little helps! Sidearms are optional. Smoke grenades are handy for covering any retreats.

Whilst we will do everything we can to avoid it, there is a very real possibility that you may be captured by the enemy. If this happens, consider yourself to be disarmed, even if you have a pistol and/or a rubber knife hidden down your pants. You will have your weapon and belt kit taken from you by the enemy. You may attempt escape if you are captured (the set of orders I give will include an escape & evasion contingency if you're brave enough to attempt escape).

Obviously, if you do manage to escape captivity, you will be completely alone and unarmed. After a period of captivity, you will be reinserted into the battle - you will be given back your belt kit and unloaded weapon and you will not be allowed to reload the weapon until you rejoin friendly forces. You won't have to suffer stress positions or any of that, but you will be blindfolded and you shouldn't expect tea & biscuits from your captors either! If you are captured, the only information you will give will be name, rank, number and date of birth (you could get further into character by making up suitable ones for yourselves). Any other questions asked will be replied to with "I cannot answer that question".

The trick to being a "successful" PoW is to come across as a total wuss. Play on imaginary injuries. Every time anyone touches you, moan and groan as if you're in pain. Take your time before replying to questions and generally convince your captors that you're not worth the bother and are out of the game. They may lower their guard sufficiently for you to do a runner, or to gain valuable information from them from their conversations etc. Do not fraternise with the enemy!

Medic & regen rules:
On the Saturday, the normal "hit and medic" rule will apply, but with a couple of twists. If a friendly player medics you, you're back in play. If an enemy medics you, you are "captured". On your second hit, you are considered to have a more serious wound and must stay put for 20 minutes, during which time, you can still be captured. During those 20 minutes, you may not move, nor talk to anyone. Once the 20 minutes are passed, you can remove your bandage and rejoin your team mates. The CiA rule of "don't be a cock" applies here. If you're 10 feet away behind the enemy don't stand up and hose them, use your common sense; stay put and get out of there and then rejoin your patrol.

On day 2 (sunday), you will have 1 additional bandage. If you are hit after the application of your second bandage, you are considered to be too seriously wounded to fight and will play no further part in the game. Value your "life" and don't get bogged down in pointless firefights!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Re: Jed Troops Information

Postby Steiner » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:56 am

Any advantage in bringing binoculars?

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:59 am

Yes. You'll be able to see further....
webby
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby webby » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 am

Were all Jeds as formal with their rank as regular soldiers? I can imagine it was hard to not say "yes sir", or "yes Captain" when they were in civilian attire etc.
Sgt.Heide

Postby Sgt.Heide » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:05 am

HeadShot wrote:Yes. You'll be able to see further....

:giggle: Everyone would find bino's useful. Don't obsess about period ones, as long as they're not DPM micro binos, pretty much anything is fine. I'm also taking my spotting telescope, so I can really stand off at a distance!

When I want your opinion - I'll tell you what it is!
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:19 am

webby wrote:Were all Jeds as formal with their rank as regular soldiers? I can imagine it was hard to not say "yes sir", or "yes Captain" when they were in civilian attire etc.

Not really. Many of the decision they made were through a Chinese parliament with all three people able to input into the plan, and that's what we'll be doing.

The Jeds were trained and grouped into threes over a number of months and through trial and error. If they found people weren't getting on they'd be moved around until it worked. They couldn't afford to have people falling out whilst in such a high pressure situation.

We'll have three teams of three (if one more person books! :slap:) and I've tried to group people with people they know. Whilst we will have orders and objectives to carry out, it's not absolutely the leader's decision as to how things are done.

HS
webby

Postby webby » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 am

Yup fair play, I did see that most if not all Jeds were officers though, I guess command needed decisions to be made by what they would have called "gentlemen" back then, and not enlisted.
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 am

A Jed team was typically two officers and an NCO as radio op.
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:41 am

Finally decided to ditch my IPK after another failed attempt with a second eyelet Gerät. I've buttoned two Zelts together, and have a nice length of rope. :)

So, I have a spare IPK. Comes with two eyelet-makers. Free to anyone who wants it.

ImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier
BedsnHerts

Postby BedsnHerts » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I went through the same IPK annoyances as you Andy. I've ended up with a hugely overpriced bit of green nylon that has brass grommets and re-enforced webbing loops round the edge and on the ridge. It's from a company called Web Tex. ARRSE-pedia comments that Web Tex gear may look good but is not NATO approved as it's all infra-red visible:

"which means you're going to shine like a Ukrainian fireman when Johnny Afghan picks you up on his night sight, or (worse) if the USAF's in town".

I bought it on the strength of that review. :giggle:
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 am

I'll just string up my poncho.
webby

Postby webby » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:35 am

yeah, just make sure you tie up the head hole, we didnt at churchills and it went from a canopy into a funnel for the rain! lol
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:41 am

webby wrote:yeah, just make sure you tie up the head hole, we didnt at churchills and it went from a canopy into a funnel for the rain! lol

:slap: :lol:
HeadShot

Postby HeadShot » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:52 pm

OK chaps. SFHQ have contacted Milton Hall and have summoned us to London. It looks like we're going to be ready for the off very soon.

The CO has hinted to me that it might be as soon as Saturday 10th July. To that end I want you all at the rally point and ready for the off at 11am on Saturday morning. We'll be boarding planes soon after that I reckon and don't want our mission delayed. Remember, on site and ready to go with all your kit and weapons prepared by 11am prompt this Saturday.

It's about time too! Team Ronald have been itching to go since we saw the invasion force on June 6th. Don't worry though lads, there's still plenty of stuff to get our teeth into with the Boche bringing in re-enforcements from the east. We'll be linking up with our FFI reception party at a drop zone in northern France and will move out from there.

Á la prochaine!

Captain Badham
Wraith666
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Wraith666 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:28 am

I take it that the ammo limit is the same as the sas? 600rnds

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image