Medic rules and capture

Notes for troops - private area
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Medic rules and capture

Postby Chomley-Warner » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 am

Allied rules
On the Saturday, the normal "hit and medic" rule will apply but, with a couple of twists. If a friendly player medics you, you're back in play. If an enemy medics you, you are "captured". On your second hit, you are considered to have a more serious wound and must stay put for 20 minutes, during which time, you can still be captured. During those 20 minutes, you may not move, nor talk to anyone. Once the 20 minutes are passed, you can remove your bandage and rejoin your team mates. The CiA rule of "don't be a cock" applies here. If you're 10 feet away behind the enemy, don't stand up and hose them, use your common sense, stay put and get out of there and then, rejoin your patrol. Grenades/mortar rounds are an instant “kill”, as are “knife kills”.

Axis rules
Normal bandage for each player, which can be applied by anyone after first hit. On second hit, player is "incapacitated" and must remain in position for 20 minutes. Grenades/mortar rounds are an instant “kill”, as are “knife kills”. Wounded and incapacitated German players can technically be "captured" although there is not much point for allies to do this. German patrols taking 50% or more casualties must return to base.
The Germans will have a fixed aid station in their HQ, where hit bandages can be removed and players regen from there.

Specific German standing orders
Is is vital that we capture as many terrorists as possible. If you come across an injured enemy calling for a medic or is lying seriously wounded they must be returned to your commander for interrogation. Their weapon and belt kit must be removed from them on capture and they are considered unarmed (so they can't pull a knife on you for example). They can at any point effect an escape though. If they do they risk being shot and recaptured and if they do escape they will be alone and unarmed. Once taken into camp they will need to be put into the secure area and guarded. The commander will interrogate the prisoner and hold him for further questioning, send him to a POW camp elsewhere or something worse (depending on the status/usefulness of the prisoner or the mood of the commander). Note that the Führer's Commando Order demands execution.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Re: Medic rules and capture

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Since I confused myself on the rules for 'kills', and others might be too, I'll just clarify....

Rules state that a grenaded/knife killed player is killed outright. By this it means he moves directly from fit to incapacitated and can't be medic'd.
We can capture both injured and incapacitated players so all players we come across can be captured wherever we find them.

This means that grenade kills are perfectly OK and may indeed be preferable since there is no opportunity for the enemy to be revived under fire.

Note: rules for Allies are somewhat different on Day 2 so don't be surprised (or cheat call!) if you see multiple medicing. I won't elaborate (just in case someone tries to use it to advantage) but I will say the day 2 rules for them give a bit more opportunity to make progress yet gives extreme jeopardy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zero Bravo
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Medic rules and capture

Postby Zero Bravo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:48 pm

I've got a dozen or so Mk5 Enola gaye "thunderflashes" more like a light bang but perfectly suitable to count as a grenade kill. I'll go through them and using masking tape make sure all the striker heads stay on the bodies. They are prome to falling off and you dont want to risk them going off in your breadbag! Happy to share them out with those that are going out on patrol, if a grenade kill can be an advantage to us, then they are free for use :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Axis briefings”