Intelligence

Notes for troops - private area
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Intelligence

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 am

As stated elsewhere, this event relies on a flow of information. Commanders have no prior knowledge of enemy plans or locations. Without information supplied by the ranks we are working blind and will end up being just reactive - we need to be active, aggressive and in the right place at the right time.

We need to extract information from prisoners (maps, orders). We need to be observant. We need to be timely - a patrol out and about chasing an enemy and not returning to HQ on time means delayed intelligence.

It may be just as beneficial to us to lie low and watch where an enemy group is heading as it is to launch an attack. Know your limitations and be realistic on what can be achieved - don't give chase to some distant figures, observe and help build a picture of what is going on. Numbers of enemy? Direction of travel? Does it look like they are stashing or recovering kit? Does it look like they are awaiting a RV? Could they be preparing an ambush?

Ears open as well as eyes too please. Be it overheard passwords, code names for locations, distant shouted commands. All very useful to us as it will tie in with intercepted radio comms.

All information is useful. Small, seemingly insignificant details can add to the big picture. Please be sure to debrief thoroughly when you return to camp.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zero Bravo
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Intelligence

Postby Zero Bravo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Small notebook and pen and some kind of timepiece would be good for all Axis forces. As much info as possible, not only what you heard but where and when. I'll be bringing a compass as well just so I have an idea on direction.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Oh, 100% on the watches please.

All duties will be on a strict timed basis - we don't want to be sending people out to look for those who haven't returned only to hear "we didn't know what the time was". Please don't rely on team mates to bring watches, sods law says a group of four go out without a watch between them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seanebabes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seanebabes » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:15 am

Ah, good point. So where is the best place to get a cheap period looking watch? I'm sure somebody discussed it on here before but I can't spot it.
Tar!
ImageImageImage
Wladek

Postby Wladek » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am

Argos Sean, they cost 5 pounds - unfortunately mine broke at Dragoon and I cannot get one before this, so I literally do not own a watch. :oops:

Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:22 am

Don't worry about period watches (although I'll be sporting a 1940's Elgin :lol: ) - any watch will do!

But here is the watch info:
Yith rather fancied one of the cheap Argos plain watches that looks OK - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2511195/Trail/searchtext%3ECONSTANT+WATCH.htm

Return to “Axis briefings”