Dusk and evening Saturday

Notes for troops - private area
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Dusk and evening Saturday

Postby Chomley-Warner » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:12 pm

I guess we will probably pull in closer to the camp once it starts getting dark - no point getting caught out in the wilderness. That's not to say we won't have sentries out on the perimeter or perhaps send out a listening patrol, or maybe even a high visibility show of strength convoy. We have a two million candle searchlight to scan the area - the enemy might feel the darkness is their friend but we can made things damned difficult for them!

Our central encampment will be well lit, hopefully luring moths to the flame.... :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wladek
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Dusk and evening Saturday

Postby Wladek » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Is this a good time to mention my irrational fear of Moths?

if (when!) I shriek like a girl and run around with arms flailing I will try to do so in the character of a German soldier who has an irrational fear and hatred of moths.

Zero Bravo

Re: Dusk and evening Saturday

Postby Zero Bravo » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 pm

I totally agree (not that I would dare questiuon orders) but bringing the whole troop back in to a defensive position. The enemy have only two hours of dark to effect any successful break out of the prisoners we will have spent all day collecting and abusing. Double up the sentries and have all the camp on "stand to status".
Dare I say it but maybe a half hour call earlier than all others to be prepared for a dawn attack. The Brit's always love a dawn attack as they think they can get up early, but everybody knows who gets the towells on the sunbeds first.
When they fail on their darkness hours attacks expect a very early morning counter attack. Trouble with the Brits they train too much so they will be lazy and go for SOP. They cannot attack untill 6am , all troops need to be awake kitted up and in position to repel borders.
Ruin that dawn attack and we can get the coffee on while they lick their wounds.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Axis briefings”