Your questions here

A Comrades in Arms event, Hay on Wye
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: Your questions here

Postby McVickers » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 am

Yith wrote:We know which regiments he was in though (Royal Scots amongst others)

Yeah, it's interesting how much regimental movement there was. My Great Grandfather, Reginal Russell, was born and bred in West Hertfordshire, but started off in the Hampshire Regiment (if i recall corretly) and then spent some time in (I think) East Sussex Regiment, before being posted to the MGC. In the infantry, he was gassed in France, and then returned to France with the MGC and then moved to Egypt.
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zero Bravo

Postby Zero Bravo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 am

A random question about the camping, if I may. Are we using military only tents in the field like Jedburgh or is there a plastic camping area we come back to after the game? Also will there be camping available for the Friday night. Is there mains water and khazis or is it bring your own water and a spade to dig a hole?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:52 am

The camp won't form any part of the scenario so I'd have thought plastic tents are OK, although a period looking camp looks fab and gets you into the zone. (In contrast, our to-be-announced July game will be period looking tentage, as that will be in-game.)

We are negotiating for camping Friday night but TBC at the moment.

This isn't an airsoft site, its a farm and farmland in a rural location so there won't be toilet facilities but we will see if we can find a potable water supply. Until that is confirmed I'd work on the assumption that like most events, a 5 litre water bottle should be added to your kit list.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HeadShot
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Postby HeadShot » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Yith wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but if he was in the MGC why would he have an '03 bandolier?

Because things were a bit more fluid that many people would like to think. You see all sorts of exceptions to the 'rule' of issued kit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:25 pm

To be honest Steve, it seemed perfectly reasonable for him to have one... so I thought I'd look and see what I could see... but then couldn't find any pictures of MG crew with them!
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:06 pm

You mean MG34/42? The German forces are landing lightly equipped for an extraction mission which will require planning, guile, cunning and fleetness of foot. The are not equipped for invasion or even a sustained battle and therefore may be considered unlikely that an MG would have any role to play.

Having said that the German commanders may have other ideas and may find a use for covering fire or distraction. But I'd suggest you won't want to be carrying an MG all day and a rifle/machine pistol would be more practical.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: MG34 - I'd await further instruction from your commanders in due course.

Re: Camo - oak and palm smocks are OK for our purposes (as is no camo at all).
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:30 pm

A good question.

We are planning on breaking from the norm this time and run continuously from 12 noon Saturday to 8pm.
This is partly due to the nature of the game style - more suited to to one long stretch - and also to avoid the drop outs we seem to have on Sunday play from those overcome by a Saturday night social!

So, players are able to travel up Saturday morning, play until dusk (adding another element to the game), have a darn good social, and leave whenever they wish on Sunday morning.

Now, this isn't 100% confirmed and won't be until next weekend when we have a meeting with the land owner as we would like to give players the option of arriving Friday evening if they wish, but this is our intention at the moment.
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:53 pm

sounds a great idea CW and worth a try.
i always feel dissapointed when games "Knock off at tea time" on a saturday, dusk would be fun too.
and the social (always the highlight of the weekend) has floored me twice in the past, meaning i missed the sunday games.

really looking forward to this now :good:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 pm

We might have had you in mind when we came up with the plan! :wink: :lol:
(To be fair, there is a long list of those in the past who were too 'tired' to get the most out of Sunday.)
Forester
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Forester » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Can we use 12G BFG.................. :whistle: :twisted: :?:
Last edited by Forester on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
______________Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Forester
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Forester » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:39 am

Forester wrote:Can we use 12G BFG.................. :whistle: :twisted: :?:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
______________Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:23 pm

If you must, although only being able to roll/careful-under-arm-chuck a grenade limits usefulness out in the countryside, let anyone having to find the bloody thing afterwards!
Gary Barton
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby Gary Barton » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:07 pm

booked me ian,cliff on :happyswing:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:40 pm

dam it look like ill miss this one i was too late wouldn't have been able to pay till wednesday
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The visit of Hauptmann Horn - 2nd April 2011”