ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Re: Home Guard

Postby Chomley-Warner » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Just standard British battledress as Sandy's photo on the last page shows Marsha. But a uniform isn't a requirement to play Home Guard, period civvies (or just bits of uniform) is fine as you can have come directly off the fields to assist (check out all my info stickied at the top of the forum section).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

oh right then ill just go as a farmhand and just put the armbands on ill go to my local
second hand shop and see what clothes i can get there
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 pm

* dreams of landgirl dungarees *

Heh, lets see what we can come up with for you Marsha before you start shelling out...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McVickers
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby McVickers » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Instant Home Guard denims! Includes insignia :giggle: :rofl:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/360336639389?
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Elasticated waist - nice. We were streets ahead of the Hun in terms of uniform innovation.
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:56 am

Elasticated waist - nice. We were streets ahead of the Hun in terms of uniform innovation.

My DDR strichtarn trousers have an elasticated waist, so they got there in the end :)

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, PPsH and various pistols and cold war stuff

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Broadsword
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Broadsword » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Well I've just found my style inspiration :)

Gillie to the local Laird I think.
Attachments
shooteruplandih0.jpg
Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Joker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Useful linky for the HG cape -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Home-Guard-Serge- ... _500wt_949

Not seen clear pics of these before ...............................
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Joker wrote:Not seen clear pics of these before ...............................

Wow! Me neither. I've only heard about them or seen period photos of them being worn. Nice find :good:
A Proud Member Of 'Team Spleen!' who play mainly at Gunman Airsoft, Tuddenham, Suffolk.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MI-GO-A-GO-GO
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MI-GO-A-GO-GO » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:53 pm

YAY
gloat time
A distant aquaintance who knows that im going to this game as HG, just saw me today a sold to me for £20 a set of HG webbing.

leather belt, hg pouches, the slidy thing that goes on the belt and straps WOOOOO HOOOOO

Add to that a SOF battledress top with dads army decals on it I got last year at the WW2 weekend at Ingleton and trousers at a car boot (way too long but no matter) .................These i had honestly forgotten i had bought.............. I'm pretty sorted.

Im really looking forward to this my first game as a brit, and my kit is ace.

And to think I was happy to just tweed up with a HG armband

with the savings I've ,made here i just might go nuts and buy my russian kit now

see ya all soon
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

armoury. Sten lanchesteralike thompson m1a1 thompson 1928 Garand (m14 S&S) 1911 Browning HP Tanaka M10 stg 44 mp40 x 2 tanaka k98 MG42 (AK IN PLASTIC BODY) MG34 (ak in plastic body as well) Luger broom handle latex bayonet latex E-tool
McVickers

Postby McVickers » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:52 am

MI-GO-A-GO-GO wrote:YAY
gloat time
A distant aquaintance who knows that im going to this game as HG, just saw me today a sold to me for £20 a set of HG webbing.

leather belt, hg pouches, the slidy thing that goes on the belt and straps WOOOOO HOOOOO

Add to that a SOF battledress top with dads army decals on it I got last year at the WW2 weekend at Ingleton and trousers at a car boot (way too long but no matter) .................These i had honestly forgotten i had bought.............. I'm pretty sorted.

Im really looking forward to this my first game as a brit, and my kit is ace.

And to think I was happy to just tweed up with a HG armband

with the savings I've ,made here i just might go nuts and buy my russian kit now

see ya all soon

Nice haul! Glad you feel all "set up" now :good:

Joker
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Joker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:16 am

I know that the 'camp' isn't part of the game, so period detail doesn't matter quite so much but what about 'in game' - If we get chance to brew-up during the game, what sort of stove/brew-kit are people using/carrying ? I'm working on the basis HG would have whatever they could beg/borrow/acquire, particularly within the civilian camping ranges, so ............
Normally I'd use a small Coleman's cannister stove, stowed in a Trangia mini mess tin, with a metal mug, but I'm assuming that would be too 'modern' looking. I've got my brown enamel mug, brew drinking for the uses of, which would be with me anyway, but what would be deemed 'authentic' - hexy stove, standard mess tins, and a small aluminium Trangia-type kettle ?

I've tried searching for details/pics of personal kit as above but the only ones that I've found have been full camps with 'big pot over bigger fire'-type scenes ........................
Terms & Conditions of Sales :
Payment by Paypal only > Cleared funds must be available when deal is agreed - no e-Cheques.
Possible Swaps/Parts-Exs (with regular forum members only) -
* British BD Trousers & Blouse, to fit 48"-50" chest, 40"+ waist, tall fitting/long leg
* British Gaiters/Anklets, not blanco'd, largest size available
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 am

You won't need to cook anything in-game - you are only out for eight hours so kit doesn't need to be extravagant. If you want a hot drink and you are away from base then a hexi burner or similar will do the job. Fill one of your pouches with tea bags - the other with a mag and ammo. :lol: I'll bring a gas burner that will stop at our base so returning HG/Signals can put a brew on.
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:39 am

Don't worry about a kettle... brew up in your mug... Brown enamel is of course better.

As CW says, it's a bit unnecessary. Though I do remember the envious looks as me and Lardy cooked our goulash at the break in the middle of play at Loop. :)

I'd bring my mini 1930s Primus stove to brew up on... if there was a chance in hell I'd actually be able to get it going! lol.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Return to “The visit of Hauptmann Horn - 2nd April 2011”