Good Show

A Comrades in Arms event, Hay on Wye
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Re: Good Show

Postby Yith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 am

MartinR wrote:"I believe I was the only German to get shot the whole day."

Our FJ group was also fairly comprehensively mullered while trying to fight across the road on the far left flank, Boshman got one in the face, I was shot in the chest and pink panzer & I were blown apart by several grenades. Marsha survived however and we got patched up and proceeded on our way once the Home Guard had fled. We got a few of them as well :)

I had a look at the map afterwards and realised it had taken us the best part of three hours to move a mile to our 'cut off' position in the top woods. We only met one lonely SS man when we finally got there.

Cheers
Martin

Yeah, I got at least 4 kills with my SMLE in that little skirmish. :)

Sorry to boshman for the face hit, the SMLE really is sub 350fps.

We had to move off as we were ordered to withdraw. Further up the road we were about to be cut off. As far as I know only me and Scott got away unscathed and that was by running like feck into the woodland on the south side of the road.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:34 am

Yith wrote:Sorry to boshman for the face hit, the SMLE really is sub 350fps.

No sweat Yith, I think it was just the close range that made it hurt like a B**stard! :lol:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:18 am

MartinR wrote:... pink panzer & I were blown apart by several grenades.

Those will have been thanks to Pete59... The Home Guard's "lone gunner" and "mad bomber"... The only one of us to have grenades and he seemed to have an unending supply.
Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

MartinR
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby MartinR » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah, I got at least 4 kills with my SMLE in that little skirmish

There only four of us! Although Bosh and pink panzer both got hit twice. The quantity of grenades coming over the hedge was quite alarming, although one was a dud (which I realised after picking it up and then throwing it away again rather quickly).

We heard the order to the HG to withdraw.

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kermit

Postby Kermit » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:31 pm

toska wrote:Also if there is a ribbon going, I would be happy to get one.

Cheers
Toska

BedsnHerts has put one up at http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu30 ... /horn2.jpg, so just put it in your signature :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

When we were a Kingdom it was run by a King
When we were an Empire it was run by an Empress
Now we're a country we're run by a..........
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Postby Chomley-Warner » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:29 am

Yes, all game ribbons and the code you need are on this sticky thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5261&p=172058
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The visit of Hauptmann Horn - 2nd April 2011”