The Mace Thank You Thread

A WLADEK Organised Game, Tuddenham
rifleman6925
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

The Mace Thank You Thread

Postby rifleman6925 » Sat May 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Just thought I would like to start the proceedings off, thankyou to Mr Wladek and all of his entourage for a very enjoyable day of WW2 airsoft. Also thanks to Josh for hosting the game at his Gunman site, and also a special thanks go to Mein Komeraden who all worked as a bloody good team, danke. We will meet again, jawohl.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Re: The Mace Thank You Thread

Postby Gunman » Sat May 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Now that was an excellent days ww2 loving. The poles got owned during the morning and I loved it. You guys a very welcome back any time you fancy another visit.
More to report when I get over ichy wool death and very mild sun stroke!
Awesome!!
Heer Schmidt
marsha
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby marsha » Sun May 22, 2011 9:49 am

had a great day awesome time had so much fun German force did well pushing the enemy back the night game was the first really enjoyed it
want to say thank you to Craig for putting this together :good:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
django
Veteran
Veteran

Postby django » Sun May 22, 2011 2:54 pm

a top ww2 day. 7 of us made it out of the mace at least!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wladek
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby Wladek » Sun May 22, 2011 3:30 pm

My thank yous go, as usual, to you all. Thank you for coming, you literally make it possible. Thank you again for playing on through what was a very hot day - my commiserations to the headaches from the sun - it really turned out lovely again.

A further thank you to Mr Josh Gunman, who is a wonderful gentleman to work and play with, and went out of his way to help. Once again everyone it was my pleasure, and I may yet type something more coherent once all the bits of me work again. :good:

Barrie and Anne
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Barrie and Anne » Sun May 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks for the game Wladek, Lipton and Josh.

We had a very enjoyable day and liked the laid back approach.

Our first section attack was absolutely text book - unfortunately it seemed we should have read chapter 2 onwards for the rest of the day.
Oligoscenic
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Oligoscenic » Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

I had a great weekend and really enjoyed the night time mission, even though I kind of gave up with the sneaky sneaky when Yith saw Lardys rather bright hat!

Everyone played really well and got into the spirit of the game!

Bring on the next one!
Yith
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Yith » Mon May 23, 2011 9:34 am

Oligoscenic wrote:I had a great weekend and really enjoyed the night time mission, even though I kind of gave up with the sneaky sneaky when Yith saw Lardys rather bright hat!

And to think that some people doubted the power of my tiny 1930s pocket torch! mwuhahaha! ;)

Sent from my WS-18 using Morse.

Lardassmonkey

Postby Lardassmonkey » Mon May 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Yes thanks to Craig & Dean for all their hard work as well as everyone else involved for making it such good fun. The missions all worked well with a good mix of action and quiet spells and the low numbers were in no way a hinderence to the event.

even though I kind of gave up with the sneaky sneaky when Yith saw Lardys rather bright hat!

Yes note to self: near white DAK caps look cool but don't blend in at night. :slap: :rofl: Also trying to crawl in a greatcoat is hard work....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Mon May 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Many thanks to Craig and Dean for all their efforts. Had a great time. Just sorry I couldn't stay for the night game.

Still nursing a large bruise on my lower back from when the hobnails disappeared from underneath me during a grenade attack inside one of the buildings. Hobnails and smooth concrete - a dangerous combination. I can't help wondering what percentage of WW2 casualties were actually caused by footwear.

Roll on Il Giogo - particularly as I think I'm now unable to make Schaulen.

Thanks again
Charlie
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Mon May 23, 2011 3:01 pm

I can only really echo what has already been said, Fantastic day, You guys got the balance just right! :good: Big thanks to Craig and Dean and Co for a very well put together day and to Josh for the site and props. And of course a thanks and well done to all the players and my team mates for some great game play and a few classic moments. Lardy's suicidal yet victorious bayonet charge being a highlight :giggle: Roll on ther next encounter with the dastardly Poles :happyclap:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
django
Veteran
Veteran

Postby django » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:57 pm

anyone got that german photo kicking around? the one we posed for at the start of the day?

Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:16 pm

django wrote:anyone got that german photo kicking around? the one we posed for at the start of the day?

That would be the ones I took with my vintage Welta. Film is still in the camera, I need to finish the roll and get it developed.

I took a few pics throughout the day, I'll post them all up as soon as I have them :good:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
django
Veteran
Veteran

Postby django » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 pm

coolio, give me a shout when they are up. cheers.

Return to “The Mace - 21st/22nd May 2011”