FPS Update

An AGS game held at Spec Ops, Dorset
BedsnHerts
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

FPS Update

Postby BedsnHerts » Thu May 12, 2011 6:31 am

A few site owners including Elite Action are reporting an increase in facial injuries to players from guns that are firing way too hot.

So to recap: There will be a limit of 330fps for AEGs & pistols, 500fps for single shot rifles and 370fps for deployed support weapons. These are ceiling numbers. Many experienced players use weapons with good range and accuracy that are well under these limits. You don't need a gun with stopping power to shoot well.

The bottom line is if your gun fails its chrono test you won't be able to use it. Tanakas and other gas guns will be tested again once they've warmed up.

EDIT - Don't make the mistake of thinking that an un-modified, straight-out-the-box AEG will automatically be sub 330. The worst offenders so far include the early versions of the AGM sten, the MP44 and a Chinese Thompson that was clocked at 388 (but not before it took out someone's tooth :shock:)

If you're unsure then take your weapon to your local site or gun shop and have them do a chrono test in time to get it sorted before the game.
Last edited by BedsnHerts on Fri May 13, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MartinR

Re: FPS Update

Postby MartinR » Fri May 13, 2011 9:54 am

What about semi-auto rifles? (specifically thinking of my M14/G43).

Cheers
Martin
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BedsnHerts

Postby BedsnHerts » Fri May 13, 2011 10:31 am

MartinR wrote:What about semi-auto rifles? (specifically thinking of my M14/G43).

Cheers
Martin

If you want to use it as a battle rifle it needs to be under 330 fps. "Sniper" rifles and support weapons will require shooters to be stationary and observing safe minimum engagement distances.
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Fri May 13, 2011 11:13 am

OK thanks, it does between 330 and 350 (nearer 350). Having spent all that time making it, it seems a shame not to use so I'd be quite willing to use it as a 'sniper' rifle and observe a safe minimum engagement distance, fire from stationary etc.

Cheers
Martin
Toys: AGM MP40, Cyma M1A1, TM M14/G43/SVT40, TM VSR/K98, SnS No. 4, ASG Sten, Ppsh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri May 13, 2011 11:17 am

BedsnHerts wrote:
MartinR wrote:

"Sniper" rifles and support weapons will require shooters to be stationary and observing safe minimum engagement distances.

They MUST also carry a side-arm for use when engaging within the MED.
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Fri May 13, 2011 11:19 am

MartinR wrote:OK thanks, it does between 330 and 350 (nearer 350). Having spent all that time making it, it seems a shame not to use so I'd be quite willing to use it as a 'sniper' rifle and observe a safe minimum engagement distance, fire from stationary etc.

Cheers
Martin

We'll check it on the day martin and decide based on the Chrono results :good:
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImage
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 am

Thats fine, I'll have a sidearm anyway and I'll bring my MP40 as well just in case. It would just be nice to play one game as a German and NOT use an MP40....

fps on the rifle is a bit variable atm as it is a new spring.

Cheers
Martin

Return to “Il Giogo Pass - 18th June 2011”