how was it for you?

D-Day Italian Campaign - Gunman Airsoft event - Piddington Training area
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Re: how was it for you?

Postby Universal Gunner » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Had an excellent time, battery problems and torn BD and hands aside. Thanks to Josh and all the marshals - it was my first Gunman event and won't be my last.

Great turnout in numbers and kit wise.

Highlights were leading Clash to her death on several occasions, although led is slightly inaccurate, directed is probably a better word - ladies first after all; getting shot virtually point blank in the forehead between helmet and glasses; finally rejoining Able company after making our way through enemy lines; the temporary attachment to the young commando unit (ah so that's how you do it - very impressive fire and manoeuvre skills) and meeting up with Doug again - hope the jeep's OK.

Most embarrassing moment had to be volunteering to lay smoke down for what was to be a mass British attack across the open field to take the yellow area on Sunday. After assuirng myself that all commandos and airborne were ready and in position I ran to the front, lit the smoke and managed a throw of monumentally girlie proportions, I will blame the small pack on my back and the webbing but if I think back to playing war in the school playground in the 70s there are a couple of decidedly non-pc forms of abuse around then that would be entirely appropriate for that throw. A throw that landed the first of what was supposed to be two smoke bombs approximately one foot away in the bush behind which I was hiding scoring what I took to be an instant grenade kill on myself and poor old Clash (again).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
webby
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Postby webby » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Gunman wrote:Ill leave you guys to tell your stories as mine invole getting 30 men killed 3 times with poor leadership lol!

Ian
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ian » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Many thanks to Josh and his crew for yet another great weekend and the Gass team for the site. I had a great time both on and off the field, Aitch's one man charge at me last thing Saturday just had me in fits, I couldn't believe that as the game finished on Saturday the little ad-hoc Zug of about 6-7, Josh sent me out to lead, was surrounded by so many Americans and Brits, it was like the Alamo.
Thanks to all the poor fella's that got lumbered with me as leader of Zug Ein (1) hope I wasn't to much of a doughnut, it was my first time in charge :D. You all played a great game and along with Zug 2 on Sunday put up an outstanding defence holding up the American advance along the road, we made our plan and you guy's made it work.
Again thanks to all, new faces and old.
Aitch the food was spot on mate.
Boshman thanks for the rides in the side car mate, put a grin on my face for days
Ad a good time did ya? Yer it looks like C ya. :D
Ian

Steiner wrote: Ian and Johnny - you two really crack me up - it's like TOWIE and Geordie Shore rolled into one - especially when Ian does his Geordie accent. :giggle:

Cheers mate not sure if thats good or bad. :giggle:
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.
clash
Veteran
Veteran

Postby clash » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Universal Gunner wrote:Highlights were leading Clash to her death on several occasions.

are you quite sure you werent working for the other side?
Universal Gunner
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Universal Gunner » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

clash wrote:
Universal Gunner wrote:Highlights were leading Clash to her death on several occasions.

are you quite sure you werent working for the other side?

Hmm, yes I can see how it might appear that way but I assure you it was all down to complete incompetence rather than any form of duplicity.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I have a small skewer hidden in the collar of my jumping jacket, and a razorblade in my gaiter, as well as my knife.
Steiner
10,000 posts
10,000 posts

Postby Steiner » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:45 pm

But on the plus side, Charlie... you did look like a very tall version of Monty! :giggle:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

You've got nothing to ein, zwei, drei, vier

Return to “Battle for Anzio city - 19th/20th November 2011”