How was the weekend?

A Gunman game to be held at Bramley Training grounds
Gunman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

How was the weekend?

Postby Gunman » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Feel free to post up your thoughts here.

Ill add mine when my brain works again :good:
Heer Schmidt
Gadge
Fought at the Battle of Hastings
Fought at the Battle of Hastings

Re: How was the weekend?

Postby Gadge » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm utterly wrecked dude... I've *really* got to remember I cant actually move about these days!
ImageImage

"I think we are in rats' alley - Where the dead men lost their bones."
Rooster
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rooster » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Brilliant, even better than borderclash :D,
I hope that site gets used again at some point
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
WW2 Weapons AGM Sten, AGM MP40
Ian
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ian » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 am

Fantastic weekend, the site is amazing and, as above, hope we get to use the site more.
Climbing the blast banks in the rain was a giggle.

Thanks to all for a great weekend. Gadge the pictures look great looking forward to the rest, thanks for that. :good:

A big thanks to Josh and his team for another great airsoft event.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Armoury: AGM MP40, AGM Sten MkII, K98K/vsr and Maruzen P38.
Boshman
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby Boshman » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Yup, fantastic weekend, great site, scenario, gameplay and comradeship. :good: Big thanks to Josh, and the Gunman Crew, Gadge and Evo our Co's and to all the Heer and SS guy's who had the misfortune of having me as their Gruppe leader! :giggle: you all played superbly and everyone followed orders and stayed together as a cohesive squad the whole time which was fantastic. Also hats off the the russians who played a great game, defended tenatiously and put in so very well executed counter attacks!

Loads of great moments, the highlight for me was the co-ordinated, timed, assault on building 3 and 4 which was very tense hoping not to be spotted whilst we waiting for the signal to go. great stuff :good: Was also great fun having to defuse some of my own tellermines :lol: knowing how easy it is to set them off made it all the more nerve-wracking, especially as the ruskies had screwed the fuse caps on as tight as possible! :giggle:

Roll on the next one!
“I wanted to come to the Volga at a specific location at a specific city. By chance it carries the name of Stalin himself. So don’t think I marched there for this reason – it could carry another name – but because there is a very important goal... this goal I wanted to take – and you know – we are very modest, we have it already."
Adolf Hitler, November 1942

"Comrades, Red Army men, commanders and political workers, men and women guerrillas! It is on your perseverance, staunchness, fighting skill and readiness to discharge your duty to the country that the defeat of the German-fascist army and the liberation of the Soviet land from the Hitlerite invaders depend! We can and must clear the Soviet land of Hitlerite vermin."
Joseph Stalin, November 1942

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dieselmonkey
Fought at Waterloo
Fought at Waterloo

Postby dieselmonkey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:34 pm

How was it? damp, and utterly knackering, my knees have now seized up again! Totally worth it, though. :D

As for the weekend, it was just fantastic. A great site, and as 2IC for the Germans, having two zugs who maintained cohesion, and did what they were told to do, was brilliant. Tactically, it meant we could pull off a couple of amazingly timed pincer attacks that meant the Russians didn't stand a chance!

Hopefully everyone else had a great time, and even though it pissed it down pretty much continuously, everyone was in high spirits, and the gameplay was always good-humoured and top-notch, both within, and between, the sides. It's also a rare event where, as crew/marshal, I didn't hear a *single* complaint with regards to hit-taking all weekend, which was nice.

Good work all round, guys!

Return to “The Battle for Minsk - 16-17 July”