Coming to a cinema near you!

Busby Home Guard Company of 3 Battalion Home Guard
Chomley-Warner
Site Admin

Coming to a cinema near you!

Postby Chomley-Warner » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 am

We can be very proud that the Busby Home Guard Company has been selected to represent Scotland's Home Guard in a forthcoming Ministry of Information film provisionally entitled, I believe, "Britain's Best". The photographs being take will appear in a feature in Picture Post and in due course syndicated to the National Press, so we should be seen by everyone in Britain and across the world too!

Now, I have been reliably informed that the chaps from the AFPU know what they are doing and are well versed in the operational procedures of the British Army and accordingly they are to be given every cooperation to ensure they get the very best coverage we can. It is imperative that I am we are seen in a good light and prove to one and all that we have what it takes when the chips are down.

A word to the wise though. We all know that these photographer and motion picture johnnies are, what shall I say, somewhat 'artistic'. Let's not beat about the bush, there is a very good reason why they aren't proper soldiers and shoot with cameras not rifles. So, be wary, make sure changing areas are kept out of bounds and ensure you are not compromised by always being in a group of at least three people. I'm quite sure the unit will be professional in every way but its always best to be forewarned.

signed
Cpt. Chomley-Warner
Busby Home Guard Company, 3 Battalion Home Guard
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Home Guard”