HAVE YOUR SAY

An Oddball organised Kelly's Heroes game to be held at Drakelow Tunnels, near Kinver
oddball
Fought at the Battle of Agincourt

Re: HAVE YOUR SAY

Postby oddball » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Ok we have been looking at a rough draft of the game rules and these are still a work in progress.
I wasn't originally going to give any insight into how the game may play but with snipits posted here and there a picture is starting to appear to a number of people :wink:

These rules will be revised and are here for some discussion as this is a team event.
Once we think they are good I will post them in Important Notices or in their own locked thread. 8)

Rules for Anarchy under the Eagle

1 Don’t be an idiot
2 No blind firing
3 Eye protection must be worn outside of the safe zones.
4 600 rnd ammunition limit per life (MG’s 1200 + 600 shared from a designated assistant with his own sidearm).
5 MG’s to be used from prone or supported position.
6 Pyrotechnics Rules
IMPORTANT: Mk5 pyrotechnics or under sold by First & Only Airsoft or made by TLSFx will be allowed on site. BFG’s are allowed but only with 9mm Blanks or caps. No smokes!!! A grenade or thunderflash going off in a room means instant kill to all occupants unless behind hard cover (concrete wall, barrier etc). In larger and open areas, a grenade will instant kill every player within 15ft radius unless behind hard cover (concrete wall, barrier etc)
7 If you have a knife then you can knife kill but no need to draw the knife especially if it is steel, just tap the person and say “knife kill”.
8 Bang kills are allowed but only if shooting the person so close could cause harm.
9 At close range try and shoot low on the body.
10 If part of the site looks like it could be dangerous to walk in, climb on, lean on or will get damaged if you fire at it or climb (lights etc) then it is up to you not to do so. See rule No 1. Some areas will be taped off for your and the sites protection.
11 If you see someone doing something wrong report them to a team leader, Oddball, Alex, Tiny or Porta etc.
12 If you are shot while carrying gold place the gold on the floor in the position you were killed, do not take it with you to a regen point or carry it over to a teammate. The gold will lie in play to be captured by anyone and should be left in clear sight.
13 All captured gold is to be taken to one of 3 gold stores for each respective team not held in some remote hiding location.
14 All people should carry a flashlight of WW2 period power and a blue glow stick (provided) to signify they have been shot.
15 (Do a Deal Deal :whistle: ) Any alliances made with other teams need to be made as a team. People cannot decide indiscriminately that they wish to change sides.
16 Do not use any of the un-plumed toilet facilities on site.
17 Medic rule
Anyone on your team can medic you after you are hit once, a bandage that you carry will be tied onto your arm. The second time you are hit you go back to the regen point. You can also choose to bleed out as soon as you wish after the first hit and go back to the regen point.
Watch VidImage
Free speech is expensive these days!
bigkie
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby bigkie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Hey Oddballm ill those blue glow sticks be available on the day or should we sort own at?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 pm

back off holiday early today, my daughter was ill, and fook me a load of shit to sort out :slap:

i think oddballs getting the blue sticks sorted mate :good:
"Take that you rotton helping of strawberry flan!"
Joseph Porta to "strawberrys and cream", in the sven hassel book ,ogpu prison
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:38 pm

oddball wrote:Rules for Anarchy under the Eagle

8 Bang kills are allowed but only if shooting the person so close could cause harm.

on this rule, your gun must be LOADED and WORKING, if your out of ammo, or dry fireing, or a gun fault ........forget it :roll:

and NO running round a corner behind 3 or more enemys and saying " bang... bang... bang... bang"
its just :ghey:

use it to avoid injury, not to "game" the system
oddball

Postby oddball » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:02 pm

bigkie wrote:Hey Oddball will those blue glow sticks be available on the day or should we sort own at?

Yes all provided by me as long as I remember to bring the damn things, I curently have them filed with the letter from Hitler and Eva Brauns knickers so I should remember them :giggle:
I have 50 blue glow sticks but if by some fluke we have more than 50 turn up on the day it would be good if you brought your own if you turn up un announced.
We would actually be happy if any Germans turned up in this way on the day as long as they arrive by 9am for the briefing with full kit.
Remember this site is not weather dependant as it is underground. :D

As Porta says the Bang Rule is a last resort if you really think you could harm a person like shooting them in the face if they have stuck their head through a crawl space etc.
In fact that is a perfect option to use a knife kill if you have one rule 7, but keep it in it's sheath and just tap them with your hand.
Watch VidImage
oddball

Postby oddball » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 am

I have now posted the rules in important notices as I said I would.

One last point if anyone has any concerns about how the game will be ran, or how the event threads are organised then please contact me by PM I tend to bend over backwards to try and help people it is one of my faults :giggle: Lets face it I set this whole thread up for you to air your points of view and give me your ideas on what you would like out of a game.
Watch VidImage
cjw957

Postby cjw957 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:14 am

just a quicky :giggle:

as i am providing guns for 2 to 3 players - i forgot whats the rule on hicaps are they allowed within the ammo limit or not only reason i asking as seem to have misplaced some m1a1 mids but i have a few and drum mags are we ok with the drum mags or do i need to go and find some more mids

cheers

chris

Arf arf arf... That's my other dog impression
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
oddball

Postby oddball » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm

cjw957 wrote:just a quicky :giggle:

as i am providing guns for 2 to 3 players - i forgot whats the rule on hicaps are they allowed within the ammo limit or not only reason i asking as seem to have misplaced some m1a1 mids but i have a few and drum mags are we ok with the drum mags or do i need to go and find some more mids

cheers

chris

Arf arf arf... That's my other dog impression

All fine just a 600rnd limit per life :good:
Watch VidImage
TheChef
Fought at the Somme
Fought at the Somme

Postby TheChef » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:29 pm

I may have missed it but when hit are we just shouting hit or are we doing the whole dying dramatically thing ( personally i'd prefer to die dramatically )
German
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russian
ImageImageImage
British
ImageImageImageImage
Japanese
oddball

Postby oddball » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:24 pm

TheChef wrote:I may have missed it but when hit are we just shouting hit or are we doing the whole dying dramatically thing ( personally i'd prefer to die dramatically )

Yes I like the dramatic die or at least shout medic or what ever you shout in German and Russian for an equivalent.

I suppose AHHHHHHH is standard in any language for a death :giggle:

Any ideas on medic shouts respective of side?

If we each have a different one we will not be trying to med the wrong team unless it is a shabby German trick that is. :whistle:
Watch VidImage
Rooster
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rooster » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm

oddball wrote:Any ideas on medic shouts respective of side?

US: Meidc
German: Sani
Russain: Medika, Ruska, Russ or thrush
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
WW2 Weapons AGM Sten, AGM MP40
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 pm

TheChef wrote:I may have missed it but when hit are we just shouting hit or are we doing the whole dying dramatically thing ( personally i'd prefer to die dramatically )

id ALWAYS go for a dramatic death.

1 it shows clearly that your hit
2 it gets you down on the ground lower than the firefight and less of a target
3 you wont be hit by a frutrated player trying to shoot round you
4 it just makes it seem more like a film

if you prefer to just raise you hand, shout "hit" and stand up, please for gods sake get out of the line of fire.
just take it as instant kill, and RUN back out of the fire fight with your hands CLEARLY IN THE AIR.

nothing spoils the atmosphere than someone stood up with 1 hand up shouting "medic", and looking board whilst all around a firefight is happening.

so basicly its this, if you hit and want to be mediced, fall when hit, and scream a lot. (acting like youve REALLY been shot)

If you dont like rolling round on the floor, raise your hands sharpish, and run away shouting hit, (basicly simulate fleeing in terror from a minor wound)

this is tunnels, and there may be heavy firefights in some areas, we would like to keep MULLERINGS down to a minimum please :good:

also when your shooting, try and have fun, but without being a cock, and without hurting people when it can be avoided :D
Joseph Porta

Postby Joseph Porta » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

I will go through the medic / hit rules on the day so everyone will "get it" :good:
oddball

Postby oddball » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 pm

OK I have been talking about pyro with F&O and we should be able to provide stick grenades with pull cords. It was the hope that we would have had a full subscription of 50 people and some grenades would have been free but the best I can offer at the moment is cost price at £3.50 or close as damn it. Will let you all know the exact price once I have sent a few emails.

Now how many to order is the question, I know many people love using grenades and these are the nice pull cord type?

I am thinking 30 but if you think we need more let me know.
There will also be other pyro on sale from F&O on the day.

We are using some slightly louder stuff for special effects during the day.

Anyway let me know numbers for stick grenades :D
Watch VidImage
Rooster
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rooster » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:44 pm

i would love to use Stick Grenades but im assuming that like most other sites F&O only let 18+ use nades :|
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
WW2 Weapons AGM Sten, AGM MP40

Return to “Anarchy under the Eagle - 21st August 2011”